New Holland 575 Baler Problems

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #1  

shpudahlee

Tractor
New Holland
My NH 575 square baler is giving me problems. It ties just fine on one side but the other sometimes get stuck on the knotter, or leaves a shreded tie. Any clue what part may need to be changed? I checked the blade and it is razor sharp? Twine disc? :confused:

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #2  
Check your wiper arm! It should be touching the bill hook when it comes across and it seems you might have to much clearence.

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #3  
the wiper arm pulls the knot off the billhook only if the twine is taut at the end of the arms stroke .If the twine disc is to loose the twine will slip as the arm travels across the billhook and the knot stays iv place. Tighten the twine disc 1/4 turn by tightening the 1/2 " head bolt on the leaf spring that is on the top right side of the knotter frame.

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #4  
I would agree with Art, if the wiper arm clearance is correct the knot should be pushed off the hook. The other note about the shredded twine would lead me to believe the twine is being held as it should.

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #5  
My NH 575 square baler is giving me problems. It ties just fine on one side but the other sometimes get stuck on the knotter, or leaves a shreded tie. Any clue what part may need to be changed? I checked the blade and it is razor sharp? Twine disc? :confused:

Poor cut is the result of a dull twine knife. The dull knife pulls the knot tight on the billhook and a knifearm that is evcen slightly out of adjustment won't clear the knot from the billhook. Sharpen the knife, check the brass roller on the knife arm for flat spots, and adjust the knife arm to the specs listed in your operator's manual. Leave the twine disc timing and twine holder tension alone for now.

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #6  
The brass roller on the knife arm tends to sieze up getting flat spots if not lubed. Seems like that is the problem. Todays rollers can be replaced by removing the allen screw. I remember on the older balers, we had to grind the washer off, drill ,and tap the knife arm to replace the roller. NH wanted to sell you a new knife arm. Good Luck Trac

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #7  
Just bought a used 575 NH baler. It works but the bales are not square. ie the bales are longer on one side than the other and the string is tighter on one side. I know there must be an easy adjustment but do not have a manual. Any help there would be appreciated. Bales 1526 today and lost several due to string coming off. HELP corky

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #8  
Best help I can offer after 15 years experience at a NH dealership fixing balers is to buy the operator's manual and read the knotter troubleshooting section.

Choose Items

Download it here now and fix your baler today.

/ New Holland 575 Baler Problems #9  
The feeder is placing more hay on one side than the other. Check your service manual