repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #41  
Engine - from old Russian tractor T-25 (25hp).
Gearbox - from old Russian 4x4 truck.
Most of other parts - from scrap metal.
This guy is an engineer now. He can also weld himself.

I look at this picture and think, "Wow! That is about the ugliest tractor I ever saw on one of the prettiest pieces of property.:D" What a monument to self-reliance. Your friend is very creative.:thumbsup:

189373d1291289897-repairing-power-steering-ford-3500-dsc00563.jpg

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #42  
I look at this picture and think, "Wow! That is about the ugliest tractor I ever saw on one of the prettiest pieces of property.:D" What a monument to self-reliance. Your friend is very creative.:thumbsup:

Yes Jim, great composition seen in a photo. It well represents a contradictory of a society raising from the ash of destruction, what I've already mentioned somewhere in another thread about :)

Anyway, this tractor runs and works quite great. Look at some more pics (also contradictory:laughing:), it is equipped with 2 PTOs - front independent and rear mechanical. It has front and rear 3PHs. And everything works!
He has now a new inspiration to finish building the tractor.

This guy has 2 more tractors - pre owned Russian DT-75 caterpillar dozer and a B series Kubota w/FEL he had been working on the landscape with.

Attachments

• DSC00564.jpg
    DSC00564.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 3,184
  • DSC00560.jpg
    DSC00560.jpg
    132.8 KB · Views: 360
   / repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #43  

Yes Jim, great composition seen in a photo. It well represents a contradictory of a society raising from the ash of destruction, what I've already mentioned somewhere in another thread about :)

Anyway, this tractor runs and works quite great. Look at some more pics (also contradictory:laughing:), it is equipped with 2 PTOs - front independent and rear mechanical. It has front and rear 3PHs. And everything works!
He has now a new inspiration to finish building the tractor.

This guy has 2 more tractors - pre owned Russian DT-75 caterpillar dozer and a B series Kubota w/FEL he had been working on the landscape with.

Please give him my best wishes and a :thumbsup: for his creativity. I am impressed and in awe of his skills. If I could, I'd sure drink a toast with him.:drink:

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial #44  
Please give him my best wishes and a :thumbsup: for his creativity. I am impressed and in awe of his skills. If I could, I'd sure drink a toast with him.:drink:

I'll tell You big thanks, Jim, on behalf of him :) He'll sure read Your replies. Maybe he'll join TBN one day and would tell himself about his projet(s).

/ repairing power steering on a Ford 3500 Industrial
Just as a followup to finish this thread. We eventually did get the tractor going again with no leaks last spring. Ended having the PS pump rebuilt (and emphasized the fact that a $60 cap is cheaper in the long run than a rebuild) replaced a $300 dollar hose ( which I think was the main problem) and had the PS cylinder and valve rebuilt. The $300 line was metal and rubber and the metal was cracked under the nut that tightened into the PS valve. It looked like a seal problem and took quite a while to find.