serial number location on New Holland 6610

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #1  

tobacco chewer

Tractor
1996 New Holland 6610
I got a 1996 New Holland 6610 tractor with loader. I can not find the serial number on it no wheres. I was told it should be on the upper right corner of transmission. I don' see no numbers. Any other place it might be? Also to raise the front bucket up you got to raise the motor up as high it to to raise the bucket. I change the hyd. fluid & filter. It did not help. I am afraid it might be the hyd. pump. I will need the serial number to get a pump? Any suggestion? Any will be apprecated. Thank you.

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #2  
the pump might be weak but even with a new pump if it dont have a engine mounted hyd. pump also the loader will be slow because the pump doesn't put out but 12 gpm and that is not alot. the serial number is on top of the bellhousing right where the starter bolts on or it should have a metal tag under the hood if the sheat metal is orignal and the numbers or stamped so they can be hard to see

and no u dont need a serial number to get a pump unless it a 2000 or newer 6610s all the other 6610's from 82 to 99 had the same pump

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #3  
ditto that. sn is on the flat of the bellhousing aft of the starter. ford started putting them there since about 1953

soundguy

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #4  
Hello, I'm a newbie to New Holland tractors. Never had one, never drove one, Never touched one until today. There is a 6610 s diesel with a Bush hog loader on it coming up in a estate sale. It has 6008 hrs on the tach. I can't figure out what year it is. In the auction listing they say it is a 1995 New Holland 6610, but I think it may be a different year. I looked the tractor over and couldn't come up with a serial number. I wrote a lot of numbers down, which I now think were part numbers for specific pieces, but not the serial number.

Can you help me locate the serial number on the tractor?

Thank you in advance....
Deamer1

Last edited:
   / serial number location on New Holland 6610 #5  
look on the trans bellhousing aft of the starter for STAMPED numbers.. not raised casting numbers.

1994 to 2000 or 2002 ( can't remember ).. is the dat range for the S machines.

so it surely could be a 6610s 1995 model

soundguy

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #6  
Hello Soundguy,
Thanks for the input. Here is what I found just aft of the starter. It may be that one of these is a serial number, but I'm not familiar with the Fords to know a serial number when I see it. This is what I found on the bell housing just aft of the starter. Three different things. first is," EM 4H 4C." Just below that is this," 5C27B " and then below those was this, " 352 377M " Saying all that....does anything look like a serial number? They were stamped into a plate facing up and in this sequence.
XX XX XX
XXXXX
XXX XXXX

It could also be that I don't completely understand just where the serial number is located. I found the starter and immediately to the rear of the starter is a flat spot (plate) with all the above stamping on it. Did I look in the correct spot?:confused:

It's good to hear from you. May the good lord take a liken' to ya.
Deamer1

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #7  
EM4H4C is the model number.
352377M is the serial number; the 'M' suffix denotes Mexican production, an 'S' model.
5C27B is the unit code, in this case denoting a March 27, 1995 final assembly date.

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #8  
Rick B,
Thanks for all the good input on the Ford 6610 S tractor. I went and looked at it again. I'm soaking on that one. it wouldn't start, but the battery was down. The Made in Mexico has me wondering about the unit. I don't know much about them, and may be better off looking for something else. Don't want to get something I'm sorry for. I got interested in New Holland when I saw several offered earlier this year. They aren't popular in our area, but there are a few of the Ford's and maybe a couple of the New Hollands.
I think for now, I'll just keep looking. Thanks again for the good input. Hope to be talking with you again.

Deamer1

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #9  
charge the bat and take another look.

I have a 7610s.. the only starting problems I ever have with it are battery related. they have the space for a big truck battery, and at leas ton the 7610s.. it's a 304ci engine.. on it's earlier cousings the 5xxx/7xxx at least to the x600 anyway.. that would have been a huge 4dlt battery up there. not a battery like my pickup truck has.

the -S models are for sure plain jane and economy.. but lots of HP per dollar.

on mine I've swapped a remote pack with a used one due to a defect in a pilot circuit... um... regular maintenance items.. like fuel fitles and orings on the fuel line.. oil / filters.. up.. tires.. a couple batteires now past the original one as mine is a 2000 model..and i think maybee 1 fuse. replaced some wireing for the horn.. but the button and horn were fine., replaced wireing harness ( i made mine ) for the fender lamp.. but that wasn't a factory issue.. prev owner ran it into a tree and bent the fender before he let it go back to the dealer still new and under warranty and traded for a slightly smaller tractor that was harder to run into trees in his orchard.

pas that.. no issues. very likely my least wrenched on tractor. again.. save for needing to charge the battery between uses, as now it can set for 4 months between starts due to no rain / grass / weeds to cut.. at least no big patches to cut. small patches are being hit by my 4600 and 950 with 6' and 5' mowers. ahvn't even started my 5000 / 10' mower but once this year..a nd that was to change the oil and service it... :( ... etc.

soundguy

/ serial number location on New Holland 6610 #10  
I want to thank everyone that responded to my questions concerning a New Holland 6610 tractor, and helping me identify the year and finding the serial number location, etc.
Just for a update on the unit. It was offered in a auction in central Illinois on July 16th. I went back two more times to look it over, and took a high tech tractor mechanic with me.
The tractor still wouldn't start. Still had battery problems. It hadn't been cleaned up at all, and most likely hadn't been since they bought it. The entire rear end from the Hydro outlets and down to the hitch was covered with a caked black soot like stuff, which was most likely Hydro oil mixed with the dust from the fields soaking up the fluids. We couldn't determine if it was leaking or poor maintenance. Decided most likely a leak, based on the amount of fluid soaked up by the dirt/dust. The seat was in need of replacement. The front end loader had a small chunk broken out of the lower lip, but wasn't bad enough to bother anything, and could be repaired also.
We looked the tractor over very through, and also the other items in the sale. Nothing had been maintained very well. We didn't see any grease fittings that showed signs of maintenance. None of the equipment , seemed to be cared for at least in the last several years. The New Holland tractor seemed to maybe have been left out often as the seat was shot, the paint fading (but not too bad) Other deteriation signs showed as well.
The Executor of the estate, nor anyone else having anything to do with the sale was not available to give us any input. Only the Auctioneers name and telephone number was in the advertising, and they didn't call us back.
After weighing everything we could deduce from our visits, we decided not to bid on the tractor. We didn't attend the sale and don't have a clue what it brought or even if it sold. I dropped any interest I may have had in this tractor and decided to go elsewhere.
There are many many tractors for sale and they continue to build them, so I'm sure I can find one! :)

Once again, Thanks to everyone that helped us, it was a lot of good input for us.

Deamer1