I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #1  

David32

Tractor
Ford 1520
I have scoured the internet and I have made numerous phone calls. I still can't find an engine for my 1996 Ford 1520 Diesel tractor. The block is shot so I'm looking for a complete engine that I can just drop in and bolt up.

Perkins is making a replacement engine for this model. Problems are the cost and the mods to make it fit.

Any help is greatly appreceiated. Thanks

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #2  
Out of curiosity, what is shot about the block?

Brian

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #3  
I sold a guy a new short block (NH) for his 1520 a few months back. I know, that's not a complete engine, and it's still not cheap. But apparently it fit his needs.

"New Engine" and "cost" go together, especially with Aisian CUT's. The fact of the matter is, unless you find a used engine in a salvage yard, any new engine is going to cost you as much a good running 1520 is worth, and far more than one with a sour engine is worth.

Last edited:
   / I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #4  
try gulf south salvage or western kentucky tractor parts that should have a complete running engine

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #5  
David32 said:
I have scoured the internet and I have made numerous phone calls. I still can't find an engine for my 1996 Ford 1520 Diesel tractor. The block is shot so I'm looking for a complete engine that I can just drop in and bolt up.

Perkins is making a replacement engine for this model. Problems are the cost and the mods to make it fit.

Any help is greatly appreceiated. Thanks

I'm curious, where did you find a Perkins replacement?

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #6  
Hope the engine is easier to find than one for a 1200 series. I think hens teeth are more plentiful. Good luck !

/ I need an Engine for my Ford 1520 Diesel #7  
I would try contacting Bruce Laten (TBN member name ) bruce1966us . He deals in a lot of import engines...mostly Yanmar but I know he often gets Mitsubishi, Kubota and maybe he gets some Shibaura engines as well ( the manufacturer the of your 1520 engine)....not sure but it's worth a shot. To my knowlege, he test runs all his engines and he is a very honest guy. Plus, from what I've seen his prices can't be beat.

email info@yanmartractorparts.net
phone (931)492-0316
fax (931)684-6126