TN 75 - what do you think?

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #1  

dpf7610

Tractor
Ford 3910 I
I am old to tractors and new to computers and am trying to learn more about both. Considering adding a used TN 75 2wd, looking for others experiences with that model.

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #2  
I've got a TN75SA. Been to the shop twice b/c of the 4WD switch failure (glad it was under warranty). The electronis locking differential is intermittent. No other issues. Great tractor does everthing I ask (and more). If I had to buy another I'd get rid of the electronic as much as possible. Those repairs are not cheap.

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #3  
2003 TN75 (2600 hrs, 2wd and FEL)

Replaced clutch a month a go. Other than that it's been a great tractor and have no desire in parting with it. I would like to have HST and 4wd but my budget want allow for that expense. If you plan on baling you may have issues since the tractor sits low but there are benefits to that also. I haven't regretted buying mine and would do it all over again. What's the ballpark asking price?

/ TN 75 - what do you think?
Asking price is 12-13k. It is a 2002 in reasonable shape with 1000 hours or so. I was hoping to run a New Idea 5209 nine foot disc mower/conditioner with it. Anybody with thoughts on that combination?

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #5  
Asking price is 12-13k. It is a 2002 in reasonable shape with 1000 hours or so. I was hoping to run a New Idea 5209 nine foot disc mower/conditioner with it. Anybody with thoughts on that combination?

Depends on what you intend to cut with it. 62 PTO HP certainly won't overpower a 5209, and in some crop and field conditions, it won't hack it.

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #6  
Look at entries for the TN55, 60, 65, 70. Same series, different specs. 2wd, mfd, cab, vineyard, Supersteer versions; 8x8, 12x12, 16x16 transmission choices. Remotes are also optional (up to 6 I think?). Early and late hood/front end (better viewing with lower hood). Exhaust vertical or underneath. Early and late front end loader mount designs (for factory loaders). High and low flow hydraulic pumps (optional or depending on model). Low, mid, high option versions (2wd are probably mostly low option level).

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #7  
I've only used mine bushhoging and snowblowing. Some earth work also. Like it.

dpf,
What part of the country you located? What type of grass you mowing? As rick said, you won't be overpowering it. Plan on the throttle being wide open.

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #8  
I have the TN70A. It's a 2007 model, open station, MFWD, 12x12 mechanical shuttle, with a FEL. I bought it early in 2008. (it was left over from the previous year) I have nearly 300 hours on it. I mostly use it with an 8' Kuhn disc mower, and a 7' Rhino brush-hog. It's done a great job, so far, with no problems. In fact, it's never been back to the dealer.
I would say that if the tractor is the right size and hp for your needs, and you can live with the price, go for it.

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #9  

I can't speak on the 5209 but I have a 10 foot brush hog, 10 foot IH 37 disk and a 4 bottom plow. No problems except the bottom plow. Depends on the soil and conditions (wet, dry or moist).

/ TN 75 - what do you think? #10  
I have a 2003 TN75S with cab and supersteer. I use it a lot for mowing and some disking and roto-tilling. I pull a 10 foot heavy duty bush hog all day and do not even know it's back there. Same with disking and tilling. Once a year I pull a 10 foot no-till drill for a couple of days to plant food plots for deer. No problem with that either and that thing is really heavy, especially when it has 38 fifty pound bags of seed in it at the start of a planting run. I think it is one of those tractors that everything balances out and works well. This has been a very reliable machine for me. I had a hydraulic leak, rats ate a hole in a fuel line, and the differential lock sometimes is ornery.....but I rarely ever use it anyway. I use it on average 3 days per week March through October. Good luck.