Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare?

Hi all, I recently picked this tractor up to be a secondary loader tractor on our farm. It is in very good shape, it's a 1962 Ford 2000 diesel with a loader, power steering and a shuttle shift, it's also the color of the older tractors, I was unaware that ford made a shuttle shift then. I have been trying to find out some info on this tractor but can't seem to find any, does anyone know anything?

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 6600/3000/8n

Default Re: 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare?

are u sure it is not a selecto speed i have never seen a 2000 with a shuttle shift where is the shift lever located at

It has a four speed (with no reverse) between your legs, to the left of the steering wheel, there is a lever, you push it foward to go foward and pull it back for reverse no matter what gear it's in.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by FlHaymaker View Post
    It has a four speed (with no reverse) between your legs, to the left of the steering wheel, there is a lever, you push it foward to go foward and pull it back for reverse no matter what gear it's in.
    Sounds like a 4 speed power reversing transmission on a post-1965 tractor. How many cylinders does the engine have?
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Quote Originally Posted by RickB

Sounds like a 4 speed power reversing transmission on a post-1965 tractor. How many cylinders does the engine have?
    It is a 1962 model, creme and orange instead of blue and white. It has the four cylinder diesel.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Ford 6600/3000/8n

if u look on the newholland website u can se a break down of the transmission i have never seen a pre 65 model with a shuttle it is probably a industrial version because they show to have one in some of the tractors

if i was a betting man i would say that is a rare and high dollar trans to work on because not many salvage parts and no after market parts

Gold Member

Sherman offered a reversing transmission, very similar to their over/under/direct transmission that was installed in front of the 4 speed trans.

Tractor
    Case 885, Ford 4000

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrink64 View Post
    Sherman offered a reversing transmission, very similar to their over/under/direct transmission that was installed in front of the 4 speed trans.
    True, and not far from here is a former US Navy tug built on a 4 cyl 2000 chassis with a forklift conversion. It has a torque converter transmission. Ford from front to back, but one doesn't get all the parts at the NH store. I don't know if it has a reversing trans coupled to the TC.
    We have too much gun control.
    What we need is more idiot control.

Gold Member

Does the F/R levers look like these? These are from the Ford supplied reverser transmission. Does this tractor have a clutch?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -image-1508932832-png   -image-4157356774-png  

Quote Originally Posted by Jbrink64
    Does the F/R levers look like these? These are from the Ford supplied reverser transmission. Does this tractor have a clutch?
    It looks like it could be. Yes the tractor has a clutch.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast