1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare?

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #1  

FlHaymaker

Hi all, I recently picked this tractor up to be a secondary loader tractor on our farm. It is in very good shape, it's a 1962 Ford 2000 diesel with a loader, power steering and a shuttle shift, it's also the color of the older tractors, I was unaware that ford made a shuttle shift then. I have been trying to find out some info on this tractor but can't seem to find any, does anyone know anything?

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #2  
are u sure it is not a selecto speed i have never seen a 2000 with a shuttle shift where is the shift lever located at

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare?
It has a four speed (with no reverse) between your legs, to the left of the steering wheel, there is a lever, you push it foward to go foward and pull it back for reverse no matter what gear it's in.

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #4  
It has a four speed (with no reverse) between your legs, to the left of the steering wheel, there is a lever, you push it foward to go foward and pull it back for reverse no matter what gear it's in.

Sounds like a 4 speed power reversing transmission on a post-1965 tractor. How many cylinders does the engine have?

RickB said:
Sounds like a 4 speed power reversing transmission on a post-1965 tractor. How many cylinders does the engine have?

It is a 1962 model, creme and orange instead of blue and white. It has the four cylinder diesel.

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #6  
if u look on the newholland website u can se a break down of the transmission i have never seen a pre 65 model with a shuttle it is probably a industrial version because they show to have one in some of the tractors

if i was a betting man i would say that is a rare and high dollar trans to work on because not many salvage parts and no after market parts

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #7  
Sherman offered a reversing transmission, very similar to their over/under/direct transmission that was installed in front of the 4 speed trans.

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #8  
Sherman offered a reversing transmission, very similar to their over/under/direct transmission that was installed in front of the 4 speed trans.

True, and not far from here is a former US Navy tug built on a 4 cyl 2000 chassis with a forklift conversion. It has a torque converter transmission. Ford from front to back, but one doesn't get all the parts at the NH store. I don't know if it has a reversing trans coupled to the TC.

/ 1962 Ford 2000 shuttle shift power steering and loader. Rare? #9  
Does the F/R levers look like these? These are from the Ford supplied reverser transmission. Does this tractor have a clutch?

Attachments

• image-1508932832.png
    image-1508932832.png
    114.4 KB · Views: 715
  • image-4157356774.png
    image-4157356774.png
    101.5 KB · Views: 724
Jbrink64 said:
Does the F/R levers look like these? These are from the Ford supplied reverser transmission. Does this tractor have a clutch?

It looks like it could be. Yes the tractor has a clutch.