Three point lift arms

/ Three point lift arms #1  

cop

Tractor
New Holland TC45
I have a New Holland TC45. Recently when lowering the backblade. I bounced it a litltle. The next time I used it, it would not lift. The front end loader works fine. After using the loader for an hour or so, w/ the three point lift control in the up position, the arms will be all the way up.I don't know if they will hold weight because I can't personaly lift any thing heavy enough to check it out. Any suggestions?

/ Three point lift arms #2  
oil clean?

/ Three point lift arms #3  
there is a shock relief ball and spring that squirt out a bit of fluid to keep lift seal damage. This over pressure release is located in the lift cylinder head assembly. Bouncing the implement hanging in the back causes quite a bit of pressure in side the lift system. if the ball is not seated tight against the seat then you'll not be able to lift to lift. that might be a possibility.

jc,

/ Three point lift arms
Clean enough to drink. Don't think I will. Good point though. My dad always said start with the easiest thing first

Last edited:
   / Three point lift arms #5  
might have some crud in that safety or relief valve holdin her open?

soundguy

/ Three point lift arms
JC Thanks, I did have that assembly apart,wasn't sure what I was looking for. Didn't know what that whole thing was for. It all looked ok. Maybe when it warms up a little, I'll take it apart again

/ Three point lift arms #7  
JC Thanks, I did have that assembly apart,wasn't sure what I was looking for. Didn't know what that whole thing was for. It all looked ok. Maybe when it warms up a little, I'll take it apart again

Look at the attached pdf (lift head, assembly #13 , ball and spring 17 and 18 might be the culprit. There is a outside chance that you have ruptured the list seal on the lift piston, item 45 and 46 in second pdf (lift cover)..

JC,

Attachments

• tc-45 lift head.pdf
    297.6 KB · Views: 2,301
  • tc45 lift cover.pdf
    415.2 KB · Views: 550
   / Three point lift arms
I dont like to think about taking that apart, but it may come to that. Thanks for the help

/ Three point lift arms #9  
Sounds similar to what happened to my TC45DA. RickB suggested that I look on the top of the loader valve remove a plug and I might find that the pipe plug under it had loosened and was floating around. That's what I found all I did was clean the threads put the plug back in and I had my 3pt hitch again. Hope you are as lucky, about a 20 minute job. Attached is a picture of the valve laying on itside the top is on the left side. Plug #48 is the one you need to remove to access Plug #56 as I remeember it. Good Luck

Attachments

• Loader valve.gif
    Loader valve.gif
    18.7 KB · Views: 478
   / Three point lift arms
I'll try that. I didn' think that was connected to the hydraulic power lift, but I can't argue with success.