1320 hydraulic leak- what is this part???

/ 1320 hydraulic leak- what is this part???
It is like an input shaft on a regular trans. There is a clutch right in front of it. The charge pump is part of the HST assembly. I think it may have been a quirk that it leaked a bunch of fluid. When I plumbed my new backhoe and tried it out, the quick connect on the pressure side was not plugged in all the way, and it got started up a couple times like that. I am thinking this may have forced fluid out of that seal, and dumped it in that case. Then when I ran it and the pin jiggled around, it leaked out. I plowed snow with it for about 20 minutes yesterday, and it idled for a while as well, then put some tupperware under the pin to see how much leaked out. The tupperware was dry this morning, and no oil dripped while I was running because the plow bracket directly below was dry when I parked it last night. I will watch the fluid like a hawk for a while, but I think I may have dodged the bullet for now.

/ 1320 hydraulic leak- what is this part??? #12  
might have just run down the side of the case if it's dry now...

soundguy

It is still dripping a little every time I use it. I went to my local dealer and spoke at length with the service manager. He said I would not have hurt my HST by starting it with that one quick connect off. He said doing that would only hurt the hydraulic pump, and it appears fine as all hydraulics are working as good as ever. They are a little slow this month, so they are picking up and delivering for free, so they are picking it up this week, and he will do some tests and look it over, but it does sound like it will need to be split. He said ballpark 1000-1500 in labor, plus parts. He says it usually ends up just being a seal job. As long as the HST is good and can be re-sealed, I am okay with this. I just don't want to wait for it to blow all the fluid out and do real damage. With only 1400 hours on the clock, I am hoping for minimum 10 more years out of this thing, but will try for 20!

And if it were to need an HST assembly, they have a 1710 sitting on the lot that looks nice.... I think all my stuff would fit....

Just got the quote from the dealer. Just a little over 2000 bucks to get it back in top condition. Hydraulic pump is fine. Input shaft on HST is leaking as I thought. They are resealing the complete HST assembly, replacing the top cover and hydraulic dipstick. The cover was VERY rusty, and he said the dipstick is ground off- that didn't happen in my tractor- long story but there was an issue with that when the tractor was new. I wanted a new black plastic dash piece, but he said you have to buy the whole dash with gauges to get that for like 400 bucks. Anyway, I am happy. Could have been a lot worse.

/ 1320 hydraulic leak- what is this part??? #15  
ouch! 2000$

good luck...

It's not that bad if you think about it. It would take me 3 or 4 weeks to find time to do this at home, I would still spend $700 or so in parts, plus however many trips to the store, plus the time and effort it would take to heat up the garage everytime I want to be out there, and still wonder if it's right when I am done. Plus this way I will be able to plow snow with it in about a week. Had to use the neighbor's Kubota FEL yesterday. Took an hour to do what my snow blade can do in ten minutes. I am just glad they didn't find anything else wrong.

Tractor will be returned to my house tomorrow! Part of the actual text from the repair bill: "Evicted mouse family in rear half of hydro housing".... I like a sense of humor. $2182.92. They resealed the hydro, tested the hydraulic pump, replaced the trans top cover- it was VERY rusty I am surprised they got all the bolts out without breaking, and so were they, replaced the glow plug light timer thingy, and the red light on the back fender.

/ 1320 hydraulic leak- what is this part??? #18  
one good thing (maybee good ??). you can usually bet on stripping or pulling threads out of cast iron as long as the bolt is grade 5 or better.

while i have broke bolts off and seen broken bolts in cast iron castings.. they look to have been done on the tightening portion.. not the loosening portion.

even if they did break.. it's not too hard to remove them with a few tools. last tractor I restored i drileld and extracted broke studs for 2 weeks.. ;)

soundguy