Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Stinkin Electrical problem

Hey guys I have a new holland Tc 40 . The PTO light stays on when you try to start it. Obviously, it wont start while that light is on. There is a switch on the lever that I checked seems to working ok according to the manual. I even tried to jump around it , but no luck. The relay on under the dash seems to be ok, as I switched it with a non- essential one and the light still stayed on. Tractor still did not start. Ground seems to be ok.
    Any thoughts
    Robert

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Default Re: Stinkin Electrical problem

Quote Originally Posted by oneduke View Post
    Hey guys I have a new holland Tc 40 . The PTO light stays on when you try to start it. Obviously, it wont start while that light is on. There is a switch on the lever that I checked seems to working ok according to the manual. I even tried to jump around it , but no luck. The relay on under the dash seems to be ok, as I switched it with a non- essential one and the light still stayed on. Tractor still did not start. Ground seems to be ok.
    Any thoughts
    Robert
    Remove your instrument panel and replace fuse #2 (2nd from left) with a 10 amp fuse or a self-resetting circuit breaker. The PTO light On while the PTO is Off and the tractor not starting is a sure sign that fuse #2 is blown. Sorry you had such hassle for such a simple problem, but at least now you know.
    Jim

Hey, Jim thanks for the reply, I did check and replace the fuse you said (and the other ones as well) no luck. When you turn the key on. the normal lights come on plus the PTO light. Then after about 15 sec there is a relay in the fuse block that clicks and the lights flash a sec then on steady then repeat.
    I am willing to try anything you suggest.
    Robert

Tractor
    Several John Deere 2 cly, JD 440 Dozer, 2 cat D2s, JD 310 Backhoe, Farmall 300, Farmall Super C and a Kubota Zero turn deisel mower plus a new RTV 900 that i just love

i would trace the wires from point A to B, somewhere there is a problem that is kicking the breaker, You might try putting in a little bigger breaker but not by much, i have seen guys by pass the breaker by putting a short wire in between but be carefull, thats a way to find a short real quick

Are you saying short the breaker (relay) or the fuse ! Tracing the wires can be difficult as I would have to take the whole seat, platform, wheel wells etc off. Not looking forward to that
    Robert

Tractor
    John Deere X720

Are you sure the PTO is not engaged! Same thing happen to me last year, at the end of the season, I must not of turned off the PTO, after I used it.

Tractor
    Several John Deere 2 cly, JD 440 Dozer, 2 cat D2s, JD 310 Backhoe, Farmall 300, Farmall Super C and a Kubota Zero turn deisel mower plus a new RTV 900 that i just love

Yep, I know it,s a pain but somewhere something is pinched, look around moving parts first, get you a tester and find the wire going into the harness from the breaker and where it comes out at the switch and see if it is not broke in between

Yes, the pto is not engaged. The lever is all the way back in the off position.
    Come on Jim, I know you got the answer in you somewhere (smile)

The fuses that you suggested are part of the instrument cluster and not specific to the pto, which I find strange that I dont have one just for that.

I have not disconnected the battery and then reconnected it, think that would do anything?

Robert

Tractor
    fords

Quote Originally Posted by oneduke View Post
    \
    I have not disconnected the battery and then reconnected it, think that would do anything?

Robert
    i would try that i have done that on some trucks to reset the computer to get the check engine light to go off just remove the negative cable and or you sure the safety switch is working take a test light and check both wires on it and make sure u get fire through both of them if not stick a safety pin in both of the and see if it will crank

Thank you , I am going to bed now but will try these things this week. You have been super helpful.
    Robert

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast