where's the big tractors?

/ where's the big tractors? #1  

dirtysalty

Tractor
New Holland T8020, T7030, International 1066, 806, Farmall Super M, M, Super C
Where do you go to talk about tractors that do real work?

/ where's the big tractors? #2  
Depends. What do you call "real work?" My little tractor helps to clear snow off the driveway so I can get to work. It's my key tool to mow down the brush in long forgotten pastures so I can renovate them and make them useful again. It pulls the ground engaging equipment that cuts new roads, making the far reaches of my property accessible. My little tractor helps put up all my firewood to heat my house. It's operating year round. That's "real work" to me.

The big tractor belongs to my renter. It can't do any of that stuff. I only see it twice a year; when he's planting the field, and when he's plowing it under.

Joe

/ where's the big tractors? #4  
Not here. I dont know of any on the forum with need for the 200+hp tractors.
larry

/ where's the big tractors? #5  
The big tractor owners and operators consider their gear a trully professional pursuit and are just not as chatty about it. On the otherhand, most owners and operators for compacts and sub-compacts few their tractors as fun tools to keep their personal property in shape and save lots of money and time. Its really two different worlds.

/ where's the big tractors? #6  
2 mornings a week I meet the farmers at the store down at the cross roads for breakfast.

/ where's the big tractors? #7  
they are over with the grownups....You will have to wait to when your of age

Last edited:
   / where's the big tractors? #9  
Where do you go to talk about tractors that do real work?
:confused3:

What do you consider "Real Work"??

My TC45 has loaded close to 1,000 yards of gravel. It has dug out ditches for water lines, leach lines, yard drains, culverts & diversion ditches. Well over 100 post holes, spread gravel, rebuilt roads, moved Lifted large rocks. It also runs my log splitter. Dug out many stumps, worked as a fork lift, set poles and stuff I have forgotten.

Let me know what "Real Work" is and I'll try to get to it next year. :thumbsup::thumbsup:
It also set a 300 gallon tank on the tower pictured.

Attachments

• lumber-darts.jpg
    lumber-darts.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 361
   / where's the big tractors? #10  
My little Massey does real work, just a little at a time.:laughing: