Is this Valve Stem Tubeless?

/ Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
Slow leaks on the front tires of a TD75D is causing a guy to want tubes installed. Can we look at this stem and determine without a doubt that he has tubeless tires on his tractor? Being they are on a newer tractor I'd bet yes but would like some opinions other than mine.

Attachments

• MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 1,067
   / Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #2  
Yep! Tubeless valve stem. The nut and washer tightens the stem and seals to the wheel with a rubber flange. Tractor tire tubeless valve stems don't have a rubber grommet flange on them like auto tires. Tube type tires also have a nut around the stem, but the washer looks a bit different from that one as I remember. Another thing is that your tire should have "tubeless" written on the casing. My Titans have that.

/ Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #3  
you can find out by doing this!

Front tires should not be filled so turn the steam up top, let all the air out, loosen the nut till it almost off of the threads, push in to loosen the seat and then apply air to the steam if it is tubeless the air will escape around the outer steam seat if it's a tube it will inflate the tube and poke the stem back out:D.

/ Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #4  
Steel valve stem,could be brass on rear wheels.. i have used them for years in my tires on my truck. I just bought two to go on my front wheels to the bota. Sticks broke one of the long rubber type on my wheels.

/ Is this Valve Stem Tubeless?
Just a follow up to let other owners know what they may have.

This style of tubeless valve stem has three locations it may leak. The schrader valve, an O ring and the flanged seal. In this case it looks as if the leak area was the flanged seal that was never installed correctly through the rim hole. The portion that should enter the hole in the rim was pushed back and torn as the hex nut was tightned. (see pic)
--------------------------------------------------------------------
you can find out by doing this!

Front tires should not be filled so turn the steam up top, let all the air out, loosen the nut till it almost off of the threads, push in to loosen the seat and then apply air to the steam if it is tubeless the air will escape around the outer steam seat if it's a tube it will inflate the tube and poke the stem back out:D.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
morred4 - good idea, but after seeing this one I would recommend backing the nut off only enough to feel a little slack and cause a leak. If the seal end goes inside too far the end result could be the same as what happened to this one.

Thanks TBN members
SandburRanch

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 470
  • MVC-009F.JPG
    MVC-009F.JPG
    33.6 KB · Views: 401
  • MVC-001F.JPG
    MVC-001F.JPG
    30.8 KB · Views: 326
  • MVC-002F.JPG
    MVC-002F.JPG
    23.5 KB · Views: 324
   / Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #6  
Just a follow up to let other owners know what they may have.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
morred4 - good idea, but after seeing this one I would recommend backing the nut off only enough to feel a little slack and cause a leak. If the seal end goes inside too far the end result could be the same as what happened to this one.

Thanks TBN members
SandburRanch

Good Point!:thumbsup:

/ Is this Valve Stem Tubeless? #7  
This type stem has been used by IH for years. It does show where someone let it slip, before tightening it in. Jy.