TD 75D Grease Question

/ TD 75D Grease Question #1  

SandburRanch

Veteran Member
Tractor
NHtd75
While having the front wheels/tires off for service it looks as if this would be a good opportunity to grease 3 points each side. The pic is left side looking forward at front wheel hub area. Fitting #1 is a tie rod end (for a lack of book terminology) and fitting #2 is the top of king pin (for a lack of book terminology). Also not visible and directly below #2 is a grease fitting for lower king pin bearing.

If anyone has information about greasing these points (frequency and number of pumps) I'd appreciate if you would share that information. Also, would this be in the operator's manual?

And while I'm here, the cap screws that hold these front wheels on appeared to have been installed dry. I'd appreciate any information from the book on that too.
Thanks, SandburRanch

Attachments

• MVC-004F.JPG
    MVC-004F.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 273
   / TD 75D Grease Question #2  
While having the front wheels/tires off for service it looks as if this would be a good opportunity to grease 3 points each side. The pic is left side looking forward at front wheel hub area. Fitting #1 is a tie rod end (for a lack of book terminology) and fitting #2 is the top of king pin (for a lack of book terminology). Also not visible and directly below #2 is a grease fitting for lower king pin bearing.

If anyone has information about greasing these points (frequency and number of pumps) I'd appreciate if you would share that information. Also, would this be in the operator's manual? And while I'm here, the cap screws that hold these front wheels on appeared to have been installed dry. I'd appreciate any information from the book on that too.
Thanks, SandburRanch

I have a TD95D so, while not identical , it's pretty similar. My operator's manual is in the tractor so it's not handy. I never have seen any maintenance manual specify the number of pumps of grease to lube a grease fitting. I beleive the frequenncy is specified in the operator's manual. You can find copies of the operator's manual fairly cheap on ebay or you can get them from your local dealer. You should not be without that manual.

Here's what I do, for whatever that's worth. If there is a rubber seal ( like on a greasable tie rod) I make sure the seal is inflated with grease but not so much that its' hard or leaks out. For non rubber sealed joints, I grease it slowly and until I see just a little bit of old grease start to come out. I just greased the entire tractor a few weekas ago at ~100 hrs.

Rickb and Jbrink64 are NH techs and they might have some insight for you based on their experience.

As far as wheel lug torque, that's based on the diameter of the lug bolt or stud.

/ TD 75D Grease Question #3  
Last post a good one. i will grease until i see grease coming out of fitting. Unless I see water ooozing out, than i pump the grease to it and flush the water out. Clean up with rag. Seeing a lot of water is a sign you need to grease more often

/ TD 75D Grease Question
Here's what I do, for whatever that's worth. If there is a rubber seal ( like on a greasable tie rod) I make sure the seal is inflated with grease but not so much that its' hard or leaks out. For non rubber sealed joints, I grease it slowly and until I see just a little bit of old grease start to come out. .
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Worked good is what that's worth. The tractor is new to me but greasing those points isn't all that different than greasing any older piece of equipment.

After two pumps I could feel the tie rod seal begin to pressure up and after 4 pumps the king pin bearings oozed out in a location it looked as if it was made to do so.