1996 new holland 5610s wont start

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #1  

juniorstorm

I a have a 1996 new holland 5610s. it has 785 hrs on it. I cut 15 acers of hay and parked the tractor. the next day I came out to get the tractor and it would not start. I determined that something had pluged the fuel line in the tank, so i discharged it. I cleaned the sediment bowl, changed fuel filter ( which has a hand primer) and made sure I had fuel bleeding all the way to the injector pump.I the broke injectors lines at injectors and could not get fuel to them. I then disconnected the fuel line from the injector pump and cranked, still no fuel. I then bought a new fuel shut off solinoid that is on top of injector pump and nothing. I am at point of removing inj pump and having rebuilt unless can come up with something else. hope sombody has some ideas. Thanks

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #2  
the soleniod could still be the problem u can un screw it and remove the plunger in it to see if that is the problem 90% of the time thats what is wrong i have got to new ones that was no good but if u go to remove the pump be sure u lock the pump in time

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #3  
Those Fords are hard to get primed again. By chance did you use the fuel shut off cable to stop the engine? Has it returned to open? Your line to the tank didn't replug up? Is the solenoid clicking when power is put to it?

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start
first off thanks for the replys. i first went out and made sure tank was not plugged. while I had solenoid out I cranked it over and had lots of fuel. next i plugged solenoid up and touched bottom to a ground and plunger was working good. My tractor only has on and off ignition with no kill but i checked the linkage at injector pump just to make sure nothing loose or stuck. I then unhook injector line to what I believe was num 1 injector and had wife crank over while I pumped on primer. Dont know if helped but tried. Not sure what to do next. pull injector pump (which im not sure how got alot diffrent advice) or am i air locked or what. any more help would be very much appreciated

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #5  
it should still have a kill lever on the pump just the very last ones did with out it

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #6  
I a have a 1996 new holland 5610s. it has 785 hrs on it. I cut 15 acers of hay and parked the tractor. the next day I came out to get the tractor and it would not start. I determined that something had pluged the fuel line in the tank, so i discharged it. I cleaned the sediment bowl, changed fuel filter ( which has a hand primer) and made sure I had fuel bleeding all the way to the injector pump.I the broke injectors lines at injectors and could not get fuel to them. I then disconnected the fuel line from the injector pump and cranked, still no fuel. I then bought a new fuel shut off solinoid that is on top of injector pump and nothing. I am at point of removing inj pump and having rebuilt unless can come up with something else. hope sombody has some ideas. Thanks

Pull the tractor in gear and see if it will crank. Sometimes that is the only way to get the air out of one..........

If it won't crank I'd call someone who knew what they were doing to come look at it and possibly pull the pump. Had almost the exact same thing happen last summer on a Perkins...........but it was 34 years old with many thousands of hours and I'd got some bad fuel I should have addressed.

Having the pump rebuilt was quick, easy, and the tractor runs much better now.

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #7  
5610s has a key-off fuel shutoff solenoid.. not a pulltokill cable.

should also have an electric fuel pump that makes them SUPER easy to bleed. I've never had a no start after changing filters, celaning water traps and even replacing the main hard line from the tank, and all the orings between tank and injection pump.

soundguy

Those Fords are hard to get primed again. By chance did you use the fuel shut off cable to stop the engine? Has it returned to open? Your line to the tank didn't replug up? Is the solenoid clicking when power is put to it?

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #8  
5610s has a key-off fuel shutoff solenoid.. not a pulltokill cable.

should also have an electric fuel pump that makes them SUPER easy to bleed. I've never had a no start after changing filters, celaning water traps and even replacing the main hard line from the tank, and all the orings between tank and injection pump.

soundguy

only the last ones made had the electric fuel pump which i believe started in 1998 the ealier s series had a hand pump and also had the kill cable lever on the pump and a kill soleniod it didn't have the kill cable but u could add one if the kill soleniod went out and u pulled the guts out the soleniod

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #9  
my S experience is only with the later ones.

soundguy

/ 1996 new holland 5610s wont start #10  
Don't try to pull start if has Dual Power 2 speed.
I owned 3 Fords over the years and to me they are difficult to bleed out air & get running. The first Ford was a 3000 that I keep trying to bleed it with no success starting. I got mad towed it 5 ft and it fired right up. Did you loosen bleed screw on side of pump and spin engine over until fuel was squirting out the bleeder?????