Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #1  

Mtn.Mike

Tractor
JD 2305
I hope someone can help me in locating the hydraulic filters for this gas tractor.
I know it take two filters, intake and exhaust but I have no idea where they are located on the tractor.

Thanks, Mike :confused:

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #2  
i'd check the hyds section.. IE.. the center section.. under the seat.

have fun! they are a PITA!

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #3  
Like SG says, they are a pain, and often require splitting the tractor to change. If the inlet filter is plugged, as often occurs, there is a much easier fix, that will only cost you a dollar or two and a minute of time. Add about an extra 1/2 gallon of hyd fluid above the normal fill level. That will allow oil to spill over the top, entering the pump by bypassing the inlet filter. Since the inlet filter mostly stops metal shavings and stuff that sinks, no harm is done by taking in oil from the top. After I learned that trick, I ran my tractor a half gallon high for many years and never again suffered from the hydraulic lift problems hat plagued me for a while after the inlet filter plugged.

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #4  
Like SG says, they are a pain, and often require splitting the tractor to change. If the inlet filter is plugged, as often occurs, there is a much easier fix, that will only cost you a dollar or two and a minute of time. Add about an extra 1/2 gallon of hyd fluid above the normal fill level. That will allow oil to spill over the top, entering the pump by bypassing the inlet filter. Since the inlet filter mostly stops metal shavings and stuff that sinks, no harm is done by taking in oil from the top. After I learned that trick, I ran my tractor a half gallon high for many years and never again suffered from the hydraulic lift problems hat plagued me for a while after the inlet filter plugged.

no you dont have to split the tractor just remove the top cover the pto shaft and pto shaft engagement lever out the side of the rear diff. the succusion filter will be bolted in with one bolt where the ring gear is located but over filling with oil will do you no good. what i would do first is drain the hyd oil and put about 7-8 gallons of diesel into the rearend and rock the tractor backwards and forwards then let set and rock some more then drain it. and see if that helps

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #5  
no you dont have to split the tractor just remove the top cover the pto shaft and pto shaft engagement lever out the side of the rear diff. the succusion filter will be bolted in with one bolt where the ring gear is located but over filling with oil will do you no good. what i would do first is drain the hyd oil and put about 7-8 gallons of diesel into the rearend and rock the tractor backwards and forwards then let set and rock some more then drain it. and see if that helps

alcohol /diesel /atf mix is even better than diesel alone.. most of the plugging is from emulsified oil and water.. the alcohol will actually disolve that water into soloution and remove it... the atf has detergents to carry suspended stuff out, and the diesel is a good petro solvent to break up the oily part of the emulsion.

that's my standard sump flush when i get a tractor with a wet sump.

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters
Thanks to everyone who answered my post. It sounds like I will be doing the alcohol, diesel flush before getting further into the pumpkin.

Mike :thumbsup:

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #7  
Thanks to everyone who answered my post. It sounds like I will be doing the alcohol, diesel flush before getting further into the pumpkin.

Mike :thumbsup:

that is the first thing i always try

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #8  
yep.. try cheap and easy first.

ps.. do use 90% alcohol, diesel, and cheap common atf fluid. the more alcohol the better... ie.. 1qt atf, 1 gallon alcohol, and then a gallon of diesel or so..

soundguy

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #9  
I'm new here, but the thread was very good info for start, I do have milk in the case and the arms will go up or down but will not stay where I want them to. I'll try this sump wash.
again thanx:

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic filters #10  
if they don't stay put.. make sure you ar ein position control.. not draft.