Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Northcentral Pa.
    Tractor
    JD 2305

    Default Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    I hope someone can help me in locating the hydraulic filters for this gas tractor.
    I know it take two filters, intake and exhaust but I have no idea where they are located on the tractor.

    Thanks, Mike

  2. #2
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,753
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    i'd check the hyds section.. IE.. the center section.. under the seat.

    have fun! they are a PITA!

    soundguy

  3. #3
    Veteran Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,150

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    Like SG says, they are a pain, and often require splitting the tractor to change. If the inlet filter is plugged, as often occurs, there is a much easier fix, that will only cost you a dollar or two and a minute of time. Add about an extra 1/2 gallon of hyd fluid above the normal fill level. That will allow oil to spill over the top, entering the pump by bypassing the inlet filter. Since the inlet filter mostly stops metal shavings and stuff that sinks, no harm is done by taking in oil from the top. After I learned that trick, I ran my tractor a half gallon high for many years and never again suffered from the hydraulic lift problems hat plagued me for a while after the inlet filter plugged.

  4. #4
    Veteran Member whodat526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,529
    Location
    deridder louisiana
    Tractor
    fords

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    Quote Originally Posted by wolc123 View Post
    Like SG says, they are a pain, and often require splitting the tractor to change. If the inlet filter is plugged, as often occurs, there is a much easier fix, that will only cost you a dollar or two and a minute of time. Add about an extra 1/2 gallon of hyd fluid above the normal fill level. That will allow oil to spill over the top, entering the pump by bypassing the inlet filter. Since the inlet filter mostly stops metal shavings and stuff that sinks, no harm is done by taking in oil from the top. After I learned that trick, I ran my tractor a half gallon high for many years and never again suffered from the hydraulic lift problems hat plagued me for a while after the inlet filter plugged.
    no you dont have to split the tractor just remove the top cover the pto shaft and pto shaft engagement lever out the side of the rear diff. the succusion filter will be bolted in with one bolt where the ring gear is located but over filling with oil will do you no good. what i would do first is drain the hyd oil and put about 7-8 gallons of diesel into the rearend and rock the tractor backwards and forwards then let set and rock some more then drain it. and see if that helps

  5. #5
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,753
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    Quote Originally Posted by whodat526 View Post
    no you dont have to split the tractor just remove the top cover the pto shaft and pto shaft engagement lever out the side of the rear diff. the succusion filter will be bolted in with one bolt where the ring gear is located but over filling with oil will do you no good. what i would do first is drain the hyd oil and put about 7-8 gallons of diesel into the rearend and rock the tractor backwards and forwards then let set and rock some more then drain it. and see if that helps
    alcohol /diesel /atf mix is even better than diesel alone.. most of the plugging is from emulsified oil and water.. the alcohol will actually disolve that water into soloution and remove it... the atf has detergents to carry suspended stuff out, and the diesel is a good petro solvent to break up the oily part of the emulsion.

    that's my standard sump flush when i get a tractor with a wet sump.

    soundguy

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    18
    Location
    Northcentral Pa.
    Tractor
    JD 2305

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    Thanks to everyone who answered my post. It sounds like I will be doing the alcohol, diesel flush before getting further into the pumpkin.



    Mike

  7. #7
    Veteran Member whodat526's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,529
    Location
    deridder louisiana
    Tractor
    fords

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    Quote Originally Posted by Mtn.Mike View Post
    Thanks to everyone who answered my post. It sounds like I will be doing the alcohol, diesel flush before getting further into the pumpkin.



    Mike
    that is the first thing i always try

  8. #8
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,753
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    yep.. try cheap and easy first.

    ps.. do use 90% alcohol, diesel, and cheap common atf fluid. the more alcohol the better... ie.. 1qt atf, 1 gallon alcohol, and then a gallon of diesel or so..

    soundguy

  9. #9
    New Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    2
    Location
    hornbeck, la.
    Tractor
    77 ford 3000 deisel

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    I'm new here, but the thread was very good info for start, I do have milk in the case and the arms will go up or down but will not stay where I want them to. I'll try this sump wash.
    again thanx:

  10. #10
    Old Timer Soundguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Posts
    51,753
    Location
    Central florida
    Tractor
    ym1700, NH7610S, Ford 8N, 2N, NAA, 660, 850 x2, 541, 950, 941D, 951, 2000, 3000, 4000, 4600, 5000, 740, IH 'C' 'H', CUB, John Deere 'B', allis 'G', case VAC

    Default Re: Ford 3000 hydraulic filters

    if they don't stay put.. make sure you ar ein position control.. not draft.
    souNdguy

    sent from my NOKIA LUMIA

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ford 3000 hydraulic lines
    By ncmike in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 04-25-2014, 06:45 PM
  2. Newbie - Ford 3000 hydraulic overhaul
    By Oldgravesendiansgroundsma in forum Hydraulics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-22-2011, 04:00 AM
  3. Ford 3000 Hydraulic Assembly
    By kbright in forum New Holland Owning/Operating
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-21-2010, 10:54 PM
  4. Slow hydraulics in winter
    By grsr3 in forum Chinese Tractors
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-01-2007, 11:31 PM
  5. Help with Ford 3000
    By Anonymous Poster in forum Buying/Pricing/Comparisons
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-30-2002, 12:07 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
© 2016 TractorByNet.com. TractorByNet is a registered trademark of IMC Digital Universe, Inc. Other trademarks on this page are the property of their respective owners.