problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #1  

Dcartwright

Tractor
ford 5610
Im having a problem with my ford 5610 PTO shaft. When the tractor has just been started the PTO shaft works fine and powers the machinery i have well.

But after a period of around 20 minutes the PTO stops working as well and struggles to power any machinery. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this problem may be and to how i could solve it??

Would be much appreciated

cheers

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #2  
Is yours the single PTO speed tractor? What I think is wrong is the hydraulic clutch plates are worn. When the clutch heats up and fluid thins out, the clutch can slip. You probably need service on the clutch.

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #3  
are the low pressure side of the pump is goin out

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #4  
Im having a problem with my ford 5610 PTO shaft. When the tractor has just been started the PTO shaft works fine and powers the machinery i have well.

But after a period of around 20 minutes the PTO stops working as well and struggles to power any machinery. Does anyone have any ideas as to what this problem may be and to how i could solve it??

Would be much appreciated

cheers

I believe the pto clutch is engaged/disengagd by hydraulic pump pressure. Either the clutch pack is worn or there's not enough pressure to the actuator to hold the clutch engaged.

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #5  
You need to check the pto operating psi? Could be the pump,control valve or clutch pack causing the problem. Does your tractor have Dual-Power hyd hi-lo?.

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610
cheers everyone big help

/ problems with the pto shaft on ford 5610 #7  
What was the fix?
Jim