2120 wheel replacement

/ 2120 wheel replacement #1  

Bill Christian

Tractor
New Holland 2110
I've managed to destroy a front rim on my 2120, and am having trouble finding a replacement. It's 16 x 8 with a 6 bolt pattern and an approximate 4 inch offset, but it appears the bolt circle is 7 inches. I can find 8 and 6 inch bolt circle wheels, but none with a 7 inch circle. Am I measuring it wrong? I'm measuring the longest distance between lug nuts, center to center. Is there a seller who carries rims that will work?
Bill Christian:(

/ 2120 wheel replacement #2  
sounds like a SBA336102440 if you have the 9.5-16 tires ont he 8-16 rim.

soundguy

/ 2120 wheel replacement #3  
How'd you damage the rim? Pics? Is the center trashed too?

/ 2120 wheel replacement
Where would I find a SBA336102440 The rim center and outer rim edge has been bent. The lug nuts came loose, and I didn't notice until to late.

/ 2120 wheel replacement #5  
If I recall, that's the same as my old 2110. Try a boneyard in Ohio, MI, etc.
Lots of old 2110's around.
An original new wheel would likely only come from New Holland but that would be my last choice because of the probable price and limited application.

/ 2120 wheel replacement #6  
Where would I find a SBA336102440 The rim center and outer rim edge has been bent. The lug nuts came loose, and I didn't notice until to late.

should still be a good number at your local CNH dealer if nothing else.

soundguy

/ 2120 wheel replacement #7  
If I recall, that's the same as my old 2110. Try a boneyard in Ohio, MI, etc.
Lots of old 2110's around.
An original new wheel would likely only come from New Holland but that would be my last choice because of the probable price and limited application.

$547.16 from NH... :(

/ 2120 wheel replacement
Thanks for the responses. I've had no luck in on line searches, either new or salvage. Guess I may just have to bite the bullet,and buy a new one.
You can bet the farm I check those lug nuts in the future!

/ 2120 wheel replacement #9  
any chance to cut the center out and press straight using something to back it up, and then just weld in a blank rim?

BTDT on tractors before. any time I have a front that is rusted beyond patching in the rim, i always torch the center out and save them, and even torch the cancer off the rim and save the metal to use in patches for other rims.

good luck

soundguy

/ 2120 wheel replacement #10  
$547.16 from NH... :(

$547.16! . Good grief, what marketing geniuses at NH. So they sell maybe two wheels at that price and tick off 500 potential buyers that hear of the story.
Maybe try Unverferth Wheel in Ohio (they can make one) or call Gempler's and talk to the wheel guy. Get a copy of "Farm World" weekly paper--or call them--and find the salvage ads. After that search online or call "Farm Show" paper and ask around. There is also a wheel place (Charlie's? ) down South that MAKES wheels to order. Also Abilene machine in Texas. Maybe even Kubota, Deere (1520?) and Yanmar since they all are Japanese made. Maybe pound and weld your back into shape.
When I wanted extra front wheels for my 2110 I found it difficult but definately workable. I have seen salvage ads that specifically mention the 2110 so they must be out there somewhere. You just have to look under the right rock. Know your EXACT bolt circle, center hole and offset and find a similar wheel.

One of the reasons I dropped NH was this kind of proprietary thinking to basic "consumable" items like this and switched to Kubota and Deere. There are so many Kub/JD around and so much after-market competition that problems like yours are not very often. Companies don't often "lose" customers to another brand--they give them away.
Just my two cents here.