Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #1  

Hendo1

Tractor
ford backhoe
HI I brought a old ford backhoe 3CYL,shuttle shift,has the powersteering in the nose cone sweep back front axle,no numbers under bonnet,the numbers on the right of bellhousing are 15011p,4A 30B,A256066 left side 4A 21B,H70D03 and on the boom 19501 00108,the transmission cooler in the bottom of radiator no good can a external one thanks

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #2  
This "may" help FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS

The 15011p is the model code. But I am showing nothing for the 1 or the P

The 50 is industrial
And the 11 means diesel and no PTO

The 4A21B is the date code. Made in
A........January
21........21st
B.......Dayshift

A256066 is the serial #

Perhaps some pics may help?

Not familiar with all of the ford hoes, but the 4500 has PS in the nose cone and a somewhat swept back from axle. But that model # should have started with a 4 and not a 1.

So are you POSITIVE on those #'s.

Also, is there still an identification tag (little spamped peice of metal) on the loader of BH with a model for the attachments?

And the serial # starting with an A is also puzzling. The letter is usually where they were made. B=England C=USA

Good luck. And the more info and pics, the better we can help

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #3  
A-prefix serial number is Antwerp, Belgium production. I agree that the only Industrial tractor I can think of with a P/S cylinder in the front bolster is the 4500.

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #4  
A-prefix serial number is Antwerp, Belgium production. I agree that the only Industrial tractor I can think of with a P/S cylinder in the front bolster is the 4500.

4400 also but not swept back axle. but i would have to agree if it is a swept back with powersteering in bolster its should be a 4500

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #5  
4400 also but not swept back axle. but i would have to agree if it is a swept back with powersteering in bolster its should be a 4500

To help make that distinction, a 4500 would have a plate steel grille shell and grille with a kingpin style front axle. A 4400 would have a cast arch non-adjustable front axle and sheet metal grille shell, correct?

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #6  
To help make that distinction, a 4500 would have a plate steel grille shell and grille with a kingpin style front axle. A 4400 would have a cast arch non-adjustable front axle and sheet metal grille shell, correct?

And the 4500's hydraulic reservoir is located above the powersteering "nosecone" and is made of pretty thick steel. Thing weighs a few hundred pounds. Most tractors "noses" are just sheet metal.

The 4000 series also has inboard wet-brakes. Not outboard

/ Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year
This "may" help FORD CODES and SERIAL NUMBERS

The 15011p is the model code. But I am showing nothing for the 1 or the P

The 50 is industrial
And the 11 means diesel and no PTO

The 4A21B is the date code. Made in
A........January
21........21st
B.......Dayshift

A256066 is the serial #

Perhaps some pics may help?

Not familiar with all of the ford hoes, but the 4500 has PS in the nose cone and a somewhat swept back from axle. But that model # should have started with a 4 and not a 1.

So are you POSITIVE on those #'s.

Also, is there still an identification tag (little spamped peice of metal) on the loader of BH with a model for the attachments?

And the serial # starting with an A is also puzzling. The letter is usually where they were made. B=England C=USA

Good luck. And the more info and pics, the better we can help

HI I checked numbers again sorry,D50 11 F,4A 30B,* A256066,.. 4A21B, H70D03

Last edited:
   / Ford backhoe trying to out what model and year #8  
HI I checked numbers again sorry,D50 11 F,4A 30B,* A256066,.. 4A21B, H70D03

D5011F is perfect.

I am sure you already figured it out with the link I have given you.

But it is definatally a 4500 then, diesel engine, no pto, and the 4/4 power reversing trans:thumbsup:

Any pics of the beast??

D5011F is perfect.

I am sure you already figured it out with the link I have given you.

But it is definatally a 4500 then, diesel engine, no pto, and the 4/4 power reversing trans:thumbsup:

Any pics of the beast??

HI thanks very much for your help ,I have tryed to upload a pic no go at this stage working on it :)

I have checked again and the serial number starts with a A