TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
When I first bought the tractor back in 2000 one of the QC's developed a leak and my local dealer replaced it under warranty. Well I can't complain as they lasted for over 10 years but right now I have 2 leaking for sure and I think a third is leaking as well (hard to tell with how their stacked on each other). So I am curious if there are a simple rebuild kit for these or if its better to replace them. If I replace them I would like to either stay the same or upgrade to a higher quality QC. I use them a lot so I want something that will hold up and work like it is suppose to without any problems. So for you guys who know more then I do what would you suggest? Rebuild (if possible), replace with the same part or upgrade to a better QC?

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #3  
Does it leak when in use, or when disconnected? If it leaks when in use wouldn't it be the o-ring in the QD (available at TSC and other places)?

Aaron Z

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #4  
I went through the same issues on mine. I have an S model, which means the higher grade coupler. At the time I had a leaker, I paid ~75-80 for it. The next one is not the 'one hand coupling model', but a regular ISO unit (you have to push the collar back to allow connect/disconnect). It was only ~$27. I have replaced one or two more.

I found a bunch of corrosion behind the floating chamber of the push/pull/auto model.

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking
mojoinco said:
I went through the same issues on mine. I have an S model, which means the higher grade coupler. At the time I had a leaker, I paid ~75-80 for it. The next one is not the 'one hand coupling model', but a regular ISO unit (you have to push the collar back to allow connect/disconnect). It was only ~$27. I have replaced one or two more.

I found a bunch of corrosion behind the floating chamber of the push/pull/auto model.

Mine is just the standard TN65 but has the one handed connections as well.

As for if it leaks when in use or not well I don't know, I have had something plugged into all 6 of these couplers for the last couple months. I will try to clean them up and take a better look at everything.

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #6  
Robert, I checked the parts list at messicks.com and they have the following seal kit listed. It's probably an o-ring and teflon backup ring for the female QD.

Part Description SEAL KIT
Messick Notes
Part Number 1534623C1
Stock Status 2 In Stock
Price $4.52

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking
jinman said:
Robert, I checked the parts list at messicks.com and they have the following seal kit listed. It's probably an o-ring and teflon backup ring for the female QD.

Part Description SEAL KIT
Messick Notes
Part Number 1534623C1
Stock Status 2 In Stock
Price $4.52

Thanks, i had looked on there and it appeared they pushed for replacing the qd instead of repairing. I'm going to see what the loose one I have laying around looks like and if its easy to repair or not.

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #8  
I think you'll find that you can easily pick the old seals out using a small jeweler's screwdriver. Changing them on my QDs is a snap.

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #9  
I know this is an old thread, but I have a TN75A and wondering how to release the quick connect coupler. I don't see a external collar on the female part of the connection - only a spring-loaded cover/cap. Thanks,

/ TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking #10  
I know this is an old thread, but I have a TN75A and wondering how to release the quick connect coupler. I don't see a external collar on the female part of the connection - only a spring-loaded cover/cap. Thanks,

You might have pressure built upside, in which case you need to relive some pressure. Can you take a picture? I have never seen a coupler without at least a release pull back collar.