Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Default TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking

When I first bought the tractor back in 2000 one of the QC's developed a leak and my local dealer replaced it under warranty. Well I can't complain as they lasted for over 10 years but right now I have 2 leaking for sure and I think a third is leaking as well (hard to tell with how their stacked on each other). So I am curious if there are a simple rebuild kit for these or if its better to replace them. If I replace them I would like to either stay the same or upgrade to a higher quality QC. I use them a lot so I want something that will hold up and work like it is suppose to without any problems. So for you guys who know more then I do what would you suggest? Rebuild (if possible), replace with the same part or upgrade to a better QC?

God must love stupid people; He made so many

Tractor
    Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST

Default Re: TN 65 Hydraulic Quick Couplers are leaking

I believe most brands have rebuild kits available.

Look at the QD, and note the manufacturer.

Safeway had kits available.

SafeWay Hydraulics - Accessories

Stucchi USA Series Repair Kits

Parker - FF-1001-KIT

http://www.instrumentassociates.com/...4220%20A00.pdf
    J.J.

When I works, I works hard. When I sits and thinks, I goes to sleep.

Git er done.

Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Does it leak when in use, or when disconnected? If it leaks when in use wouldn't it be the o-ring in the QD (available at TSC and other places)?

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    TN55

I went through the same issues on mine. I have an S model, which means the higher grade coupler. At the time I had a leaker, I paid ~75-80 for it. The next one is not the 'one hand coupling model', but a regular ISO unit (you have to push the collar back to allow connect/disconnect). It was only ~$27. I have replaced one or two more.

I found a bunch of corrosion behind the floating chamber of the push/pull/auto model.

Tractor
    Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554

Quote Originally Posted by mojoinco
    I went through the same issues on mine. I have an S model, which means the higher grade coupler. At the time I had a leaker, I paid ~75-80 for it. The next one is not the 'one hand coupling model', but a regular ISO unit (you have to push the collar back to allow connect/disconnect). It was only ~$27. I have replaced one or two more.

I found a bunch of corrosion behind the floating chamber of the push/pull/auto model.
    Mine is just the standard TN65 but has the one handed connections as well.

As for if it leaks when in use or not well I don't know, I have had something plugged into all 6 of these couplers for the last couple months. I will try to clean them up and take a better look at everything.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

Robert, I checked the parts list at messicks.com and they have the following seal kit listed. It's probably an o-ring and teflon backup ring for the female QD.

Part Description SEAL KIT
    Messick Notes
    Part Number 1534623C1
    Stock Status 2 In Stock
    Price $4.52
    Jim

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by jinman
    Robert, I checked the parts list at messicks.com and they have the following seal kit listed. It's probably an o-ring and teflon backup ring for the female QD.

Part Description SEAL KIT
    Messick Notes
    Part Number 1534623C1
    Stock Status 2 In Stock
    Price $4.52
    Thanks, i had looked on there and it appeared they pushed for replacing the qd instead of repairing. I'm going to see what the loose one I have laying around looks like and if its easy to repair or not.

Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

I think you'll find that you can easily pick the old seals out using a small jeweler's screwdriver. Changing them on my QDs is a snap.
    Jim