what to do in new holland

/ what to do in new holland #1  

sparc

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158, JD Ztrak 737. 6X4 Gator
i may find myself in new holland, pa some day soon. is the old NH factory open for tours or is there anything on the history of the company to see there?

/ what to do in new holland #2  
No idea if the factory is still open, but be sure to eat at Shady Maple! Huge buffet. Also be sure to gawk at the Amish!:laughing:

/ what to do in new holland #3  
The plant is still there and they do offer tours, but I think it is only one day a week. Call ahead and check for sure.

/ what to do in new holland #4  
Plant Tours
New Holland PA
The New Holland plant traces its roots to 1895 when a two-man machinery repair shop was founded in New Holland, PA, by master machinist and inventor Abe Zimmerman. Through the years, New Holland became known as the leader in hay and forage technology, pioneering many firsts. Today, products built in New Holland, PA are exported to 45 countries around the world; the plant produces 30 different models of round balers, square balers, pull-type forage harvesters and other haytools.
Tours are available Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at 1 p.m. during plant operation. Call (717) 355- 1588 for reservations. Group tours can be arranged.
New Holland Plant Tour Info
Grand Island, NE
Product manufactured include combines and windrowers. Plant tours for the Grand Island facility need to be scheduled in advance. Please contact Charlene Goeden to make arrangements. charlene.goeden@cnh.com
Fargo, ND
Products manufactured include tractors and wheel loaders. Plant tours are available Mondays through Thursdays by appointment for the Fargo facility. Visitors must be at least 14 years of age. Please contact Jan Elton to make arrangements - (701) 293-4666 or jan.elton@cnh.com.
Racine, WI
Products manufactured include Tractors and components (transmissions, final drives, axles, and valves) for Combines, Cotton Pickers, and Sprayers. Plant tours for the Racine facility are every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 9 AM and need to be scheduled 48 hours in advance. Visitors must be at least 14 years of age. Please call the tour line 262-636-7273 or contact Nicole Sweet to make arrangements. nicole.sweet@cnh.com

Directory
Corporate Mailing Address
New Holland Agriculture
120 Brubaker Avenue
New Holland, PA 17557
Physical Address on New Holland Campus
Administration Building: 500 Diller Avenue
Manufacturing Operations/Plant Tours: 300 Diller Avenue
Training Center:
100 Delp Road
Technical Center: 200 Delp Road
New Holland, PA 17557
View on map
New Holland Campus Phone Number: (717) 355-1121
New Holland Campus Map
CNH Global Careers

/ what to do in new holland #5  
would check with local dealer

/ what to do in new holland
Thanks everyone. I found the info on tours of the NH factory. I was wondering about the old original factory that Zimmerman built where it all started. I was thinking that might be a history museum for NH now but I could not find any info that indicated it might be. Anyway, we will drive by the old place (if its still there). I was reading about the history of NH online and it sure changed hands a number of times, I lost track for a while there. At one time Case was part of the mix I read, so how/why did Case get split off again and end up with IH?

So we plan to look through some antique shops, get some lunch at the Shady Maple (thanks for that tip) or maybe elsewhere, and then I am picking up some wood at Weavers which is the main reason for my trip.

Last edited:
   / what to do in new holland #7  
We're 20-25 minutes away from New Holland! :)

there is no history museum, I understand they are in the planning stages for one right now.

The factory tour is VERY good. I've done it several times. Its the real thing, not a stand behind glass and watch what everyone is doing. The chance of getting run over by a fork lift of hit by weld splatter are very real.. and that makes it awesome! You need to call / check their schedule. They do not run it every day.

/ what to do in new holland #8  
It was saturday when I checked the schedule on the door. Have the informaon now and will take the tour
next april when I return. Every april I am at the Shady Maple stuffing myself. (one of my ham radio groups
goes there then) Wife and I got there early and were touring around like typical tourist. :D Found the Pequea plant and am going to check on tours there before I go next.

Tom