Leaky fuel pump on 3910. Help!

/ Leaky fuel pump on 3910. Help! #1  

sawtooth

Veteran Member
Tractor
Ford NAA, Ford 2810, Ford 3910-1, Ford 3910-2, Ford 4600SU, Massey 2660 HD, Massey 461, Grasshopper 725D, Grasshopper 900D
Anyone know what is involved in tearing one of these down and replacing all seals?

/ Leaky fuel pump on 3910. Help! #2  
This link will show you all the seals and gaskets you have to replace .

10 3 CYL AG TRACTOR ALL PURPOSE

I have taken out and mounted complete CAV rotor pumps. It is an ok job. I`ve always handed the pump over to a diesel workshop for all other work.

/ Leaky fuel pump on 3910. Help! #3  
Is it leaking around the throttle shaft and/or shutoff shaft? If so, it is just a few o-rings located in the top cover. Some say it can be done (carefully!) without removing the pump from the tractor, while others say it is easier to remove the pump. If you try it with it on the tractor, make sure the outside of the pump is absolutely clean, and pay attention to where the springs are connected to as you remove the top cover. I have one to do, but haven't decided which way to go. Since a loader frame is in the way, I'll probably remove the pump to be safe.

/ Leaky fuel pump on 3910. Help!
Thanks guys. I believe its fixed now so gonna watch it. So far so good. Thanks again for the help