TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed!

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed! #1  

fishrman

Silver Member
Well, over due for the first oil change but I finally got around to it and am really disappointed in the workmanship. I have written New Holland a note to let them know of the problem. Don't know if anyone else on here has experienced this but here is the problem.
The oil filler cap is mounted directly under a support bracket for the hood. They put it on in such a way as to make it impossible to unscrew the fill cap without loosening the bracket. Not very handy when you want to add a little oil or change it!! What it looks like I am going to have to do is to take the bracket completely off and grind down the corner that is not allowing the filler cap to be unscrewed! I told my wife I think it is time to get a Deere!! :thumbdown:

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed! #2  
My TC40 doesn't have that problem. My oil filler cap is often stuck shut to point I have to use channel locks to break it loose. And every time I put it back on, I swear I am not over-tightening it. :laughing:

Besides that, the plastic tube the cap screws onto, wants to unscrew from the engine when the cap is stuck tight. I also learned it is a bad idea to start the engine with cap off :(

Other than that, it's perfect. :laughing:

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed!
Ya, the weird thing is when I look in the manual. It shows one with the tube extending up and also shows one on the side of the motor but mine isn't like either one. Just a cap that screws in from the top of the motor!

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed! #4  
The fill cap on top of the TT45A valve cover is don't designed to be the fill point. The oil fill cap is located on the right hand side of the engine at the timing cover.

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed! #5  
Posted before I seen your comment about not having a fill cap on the timing cover. Don't mean to question you... but are you sure there's not a fill cap on the RH side?

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed!
Posted before I seen your comment about not having a fill cap on the timing cover. Don't mean to question you... but are you sure there's not a fill cap on the RH side?
I am sooo dumb! I found the correct one! Well, why in the heck did they put one on the top and one on the side??? I didn't do any harm by putting it in the top fill cap did I? I mean it isn't going somewhere that oil isn't suppose to go to is it? I told you I was dumb!!

/ TT45A, oil filler cap. I'm disappointed! #7  
valve area will make it to the oil pan..