Ford 3000 diesel valves

/ Ford 3000 diesel valves #1  

fxrnaa

IMG-20120918-00126 (1).jpgtn.jpgJust bought a 1972 Ford 3000 diesel, the seller said it must have a dropped valve or blown piston, as it was running rough, knocking
and blowing blue smoke. To make a long story short, I bought it, tore it down and pistons and valves are okay, but noticed the valves
may be for a gas engine??? IT manual says the exhaust valves for a gas engine have a 0.18 depression in the top face of valve head, and diesel exhaust have a
flat face.
Looking for new valves on line, different suppliers list the parts as gas or diesel.
I guess I'll make a trip to the New Holland dealer, see if I can get the stock valves.
Thanks

Last edited:
   / Ford 3000 diesel valves
forgot to ask, does anyone know if these are the correct valves for a diesel and is there really a difference between valves used for a gas or a diesel
A word to the wise ain't necessary, it's the stupid ones who need advice.
Thanks

/ Ford 3000 diesel valves
Note the note on attached I&T manual, says the valves are dimensionally the same but are made with different material, which makes me ask, would the diesel
valve be stronger to allow for a higher temp. and more stress and also the different thermal expansion if a different material?
Thanks
Scan.jpg