Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug #1  

Shepp

Tractor
Ford 3000
So I finally managed to get the new clutch in my tractor. The frightening thing was on initial try out it acted like it was still frozen, but it turned out it was just the clutch pedal wasn't pushing the clutch in far enough so I turned the clevis in about 18 turns and that did the job, Now I have to bleed the hydraulic pump to get the loader working and I cant get the drain plug on the hydraulic pump off. Looks like who ever owned the tractor before had troubles too because its already rounded. I was wondering if I can bleed the hydraulic pump some other way like disconnecting one of the hydraulic lines and turning the tractor over a few times too get the pump primed.
Shepp

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug #2  
you can remove the plug under the seat in the 3x5 cover and accomplish near the same thing.. however removal of that plug so you can repalce it woudl be on my list.

try filing flats in it for a wrench.. that or try turning it with a cold chissle.. or ind a large hex nut and lay over it, and weld it on.. and then turn it out.. the welding heat coupled with more wrench surface area usually does it if ont of the other tricks won't

post back if it still gives you issues..

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug
you can remove the plug under the seat in the 3x5 cover and accomplish near the same thing.. however removal of that plug so you can repalce it woudl be on my list.

try filing flats in it for a wrench.. that or try turning it with a cold chissle.. or ind a large hex nut and lay over it, and weld it on.. and then turn it out.. the welding heat coupled with more wrench surface area usually does it if ont of the other tricks won't

post back if it still gives you issues..

Thanks Sound Guy. Not sure what you mean by 3x5 cover under the seat. There is a hydraulic hose there that runs to the hydraulic controls for the FEL.

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug #4  
is it on a diverter valve?

if so.. it will be open anyway..

post a pic if you want ..

normally, there is a 3x5 blank off plate under the seat and a plug in it.
you can install a diverter or spool valve there to run external hyds.. ASC kill the 3pt and run pressure fromthe cover to an OC valve .. etvc..

Ok I will have a look tomorrow. And post a pic. Right now it is pouring rain and I am sipping a glass of wine in my trailer posting on my Iphone. The hydraulic hose runs into a what was a plug under the seat .

/ Ford 3000 hydraulic pump drain plug #6  
pretty common...

Sorry. Lost internet for awhile. Reception isn't to good in the middle of the bush. I think I know what you mean by the diverter valve. It has a knob that you pull out to divert hydraulic pressure to the FEL. So I guess I just have to remove the line out out of this to bleed the pump?

2012-06-10 002.jpg2012-06-10 002.jpg
Here is a couple of pics of the hydraulic setup under the seat.
Shepp

2nd pictureReturn line.jpg

That did the trick. I pulled the hose off the diverter valve and cranked her until she was flowing oil. All back together now for winter. Thanks for all your help.
Shep