New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged?

/ New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged? #1  

gpsmapman

Tractor
New holland ts 100
I have a friend who owns the farm next to me.He has a New Holland TS 100 tractor and when he engages the pto the tractor stops. What do you suppose is making the pto lock up? I look on the web for a manual to download but no luck.
Thanks to all

/ New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged? #2  
Likely a problem with the 540 and 1000 RPM gear sets in the rear of the tractor, or the output shaft is somehow engaging both drive gears. Not really too many other possibilities.

/ New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged? #3  
Likely a problem with the 540 and 1000 RPM gear sets in the rear of the tractor, or the output shaft is somehow engaging both drive gears. Not really too many other possibilities.

Welcome to the forum.

The only other thing I can think of is a seized bearing, but a tractor of that size would easily spin the bearing if it was locked up. Have you tried turning the pto shaft back and forth with the tractor off and the clutch disengaged.

/ New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged?
Thanks all Jack

Does anyone know where I can download a parts manual for this tractor New Holland TS 100 tractor
Thanks

/ New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged? #6  
   / New Holland ts 100 pto locks up when engaged? #7  
How about the seat safety switch which will not allow a pto to be engaged on a tractor with out an operator on the seat or with the bypass switch engaged. You said the tractor stopped, not locked up. If the pto locked up there would be some serious noise involved I would think. On my old Deere you can get off the seat, flip it forward and pull up the switch to run a logging winch or post hole digger etc. As soon as you set on the seat it pushes the mechanical switch down and resets the safety feature. My guess it's simple and just a wiring issue or circuit fuse issue. For what it's worth...

Thanks I will check that out.
Jack