3 cly ford 4000 tranny leak?

/ 3 cly ford 4000 tranny leak?
Yeah that's what I was thinking going to do it all when I pull it do I need any special seal tools or will a nice flat end punch work find iv always done rear mains like that no issues yet

Thanks,
I used Valspar Restoration Series Paint - with the hardener.
I've painted a bunch of Fords over the last 5 or 6 years - mostly for my buddy Ken. Used the same Valspar on all of them - Red, Gray, Blue and Buff (yellow).
But now I hear they've discontinued making it.
So now i don't know what we'll do for paint.
Hate to spend big bucks for paint despite what the purists say.
We had really good luck with this.
What year is your tractor? Does it have the early tin or later tin.
This one is a 73 by the serial # but I like the old style tin so I put it on this.
I put early tin on my 3000 too.
Here's that same photo as on my logo - little bigger.

100_07961.jpg

Did you sandblast yours or no I was going to wire wheel mine

/ 3 cly ford 4000 tranny leak? #13  
Not a fan of sandblasting the chassis as there's too much potential for getting grit into all the mechanisms.
I wire wheeled most of the chassis then scrub down with lacquer thinner, prime as required and paint.
I did sand blast all the tin, wheels & centers, foot rests, 3 point stuff, front axle, etc.
I parted out two tractors to build this one. Sold off most of the rest of the parts.
The engine was a gasser but I converted it to diesel.
If you want to yack about it sometime send me a PM or email.
I might know where to find a step for the left running board - friend in Louisianna may have one

p1010001.jpg

100_02311.jpg

100_0234.jpg

Wow man that's neat you did some work on that thing then. And yeah that's what I was thinking to about sand blasting I started some wire wheeling lastnight. I also had to fix some fuel leaks imagine that. And I appreciate it on the step I found one at a place called wengers of Meyers town they sell all kind of tractor parts new and used. I think mine needs some injectors also

18C45A5D-711F-4A8B-925C-3719877757F2-180-0000000B218077EB.jpg

518695A0-FE62-496C-B8E6-D0705A8D8CBA-180-0000000B3CEF55D4.jpg

This is mine pretty straight old tractor

What size front tires and wheels are on yours I like that size

/ 3 cly ford 4000 tranny leak? #17  
ditto what UD said. I too used the valspar RS paint.. i just grabbed some of that new stuff they sell.. will see how the color matches. if it's not good, or handles bad.. I think I may switch tot he nason synthetic enamil i have gotten from carquest. I've done some truck parts in it a couple times now, as well as a case tractor.. went down pretty easy.. though costs more than the valspar.

Yeah I'm not worried about cost too much on this tractor it may become my baby haha I gave 3000 for a 4000 with basically no worn parts came out pretty good I think

/ 3 cly ford 4000 tranny leak? #19  
It looks like you're starting with a really nice candidate to begin with.
It should come out great when you are done.
I like to paint them and I enjoy tearing into them mechanically but I don't like doing the body work.
The nose on this one was pretty rough but I was sick of messing with the tin and had to get the tractor out of my buddy's shop. I just pounded the dents out of it and shot it. It's not so nice but someday I'll re do it. Not so overwhelming to just do the nose compared to the whole tractor.
Front tires are 9.5X14 10 ply impliment tires. Not 'correct' but I had the rims and got a good deal on the tires.
I personally don't care for the looks of these tractors with 30" rubber on the back and 16" rubber in the front,. Makes em look like they are going up hill. Better appearing is 36 or 38" rears with 16" fronts.
But you gotta work with what you got. These fronts are a little lower so that is fine with me.
This is definately my fav tractor. I use my 3000 a Lot more but I sure do like driving this one.
Ha, ha, It was Soundguy who sold me the bridge piece in the nose that he cut out of a junk nose he had.
Gas and diesel bridge are different - diesel nose has the brackets to install the oil bath air cleaner, etc.
Thanks Sounder. BTW, let me know how you like that nason paint as we're gonna have to find something new if Valspar quits making the RS series.

P1010018-1.jpg

Yeah I think so I have a guy who is an excellent paint and body guy helpin me he's retired so I told him I pay him to make the hood dash radiator shell and fenders perfect and then I'm going to wire wheel the chassis and get it prepped and just let him spray the thing and yeah yours looks good tho and I do love how mine drives and all over my 3000. Hhaha I like that up hill look just a slight up hill though.
ACF13867-9938-4762-BD37-382FF0B5FD30-294-000001C3E925982C.jpg
this is my z71 the guy painted he does good good work