TB110 - question on 3 pt hydraulics??

/ TB110 - question on 3 pt hydraulics?? #1  

pharmvet

Platinum Member
Tractor
Ford 7710 II FWA, NH TB110 FWA w/ NH 46LB loader, JD 5303 2wd w/ loader
I had a boom pole on the rear of my TB110 this past weekend. I had some skidding tongs hooked to a rather large tree top and was attempting to pull it out into the open where I could cut it up and pile it on the stump to burn. I lowered the boom pole pretty low so as to minimize the risk of the tractor rearing up in the front (its heavy with a FEL). I had the tractor in low turtle and very slowly let it move foreward. As the pressure and wt. of the tree top increased with the chain tightening, my 3 point arms went to the ground. I backed up and they came back up again. This is the newest tractor I have ever owned. Is this a safety mechanism to prevent flipping, or are my rear hydraulics flawed?

/ TB110 - question on 3 pt hydraulics?? #2  
I had a boom pole on the rear of my TB110 this past weekend. I had some skidding tongs hooked to a rather large tree top and was attempting to pull it out into the open where I could cut it up and pile it on the stump to burn. I lowered the boom pole pretty low so as to minimize the risk of the tractor rearing up in the front (its heavy with a FEL). I had the tractor in low turtle and very slowly let it move foreward. As the pressure and wt. of the tree top increased with the chain tightening, my 3 point arms went to the ground. I backed up and they came back up again. This is the newest tractor I have ever owned. Is this a safety mechanism to prevent flipping, or are my rear hydraulics flawed?

With a big load far behind the pins on the three point, you may have caused the relief valve to blow open.

Last edited:
   / TB110 - question on 3 pt hydraulics??
Is that ok, or have I caused damage?

/ TB110 - question on 3 pt hydraulics??
Thanks Jerry, Used it this weekend and everything seems to be working ok.