Ford 1310 High RPM Screw

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #1  

eye2iron

Tractor
1310 ford
Hello, I am replacing the small spring on the end of the high rpm screw that is located in the block just below the inj. pump. The small spring coils itself onto the adjusting screw. Should the spring coil onto the screw so the end is flush with the end of the adjusting screw? There is no reference to this screw or the spring in the service manual. I could use the advice before I start the engine and adjust the high idle. Thank you.

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw
I forgot to mention it is a Shibaura 3 cyl. diesel. Does anyone have an open engine that they can look at this screw or has been in this area of the engine before?

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #3  
Have you found an answer to your question yet?

No I have not found an answer yet. The end of the small coil spring that is threaded on the adjusting screw is flush with the end of the screw. Is that correct or should the spring protrude from the end a little bit. I cannot find any reference in manuals or on the net about this screw. It is one of two screws on this engine that is wired and lead sealed from the factory.

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #5  
Any pictures?

I can this weekend. I can remove the screw and take some pictures of it. I installed it and set the high RPM. It's no problem to remove it and then reset it. I can tell you that when it is installed it pushes on a govenor linkage. That then increases the tension on the large govenor spring and increases the high RPM. It will adjust to the factory RPM specs just fine. The spring on the end of the screw is ether for added foot print on the linkage or for vibration. ( just a quess ) The Ford dealer shows the spring in the parts book and is no longer availiable. I did locate one and bought it.
On a different note, I have been watching E-bay for misc. parts and no one seems to be parting out a 1310 or similar. Anyone have a bone tractor is Mo.?

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #7  
Spread your search a little. The 1310 will have many common parts with the more popular 1210. Also, 1220, 1320, maybe even some stuff from the 1110 and 1120.

These share many parts so keep them in mind too.

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #8  
I've got a 1310 tractor like you'res and have a similiar problem, but is the tachometer cable seems have come loose from the generator or governor end of cable. I had my proofmeter to quit working by just spraing WD-40 on this end to stop erratic needle jumping in cold weather. It's hard to see that area, but I cleaned my hydraulic oil filter and saW that the threaded nut that holds the tach cable was not fastened on that end and I SHOULD HAVE CLEANED OUT A LITTLE MORE DIRT. Does it screw into the back of so called generator or governor--tight place without taking a bunch of bolts off looks like. anybody know where it goes?? thats probably why it quit and has been erratic. Sorry about a little subject change on topic, but today's my first day and new member. I NOTICED THE FORD 1310 QUESTION AND WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE DO I GO TO ASK NEW PROBLEM QUESTIONS--ITS TORE UP WITH STARTER PROBLEM I GUESS IN THE WOODS WITH BIG LOG IN BUCKET TODAY--CAN ANYBODY HELP ME?

/ Ford 1310 High RPM Screw #9  
GOT MY TRACTOR FIXED. IT WAS THE STARTER--BAD BRUSHES AND SELENOID CLUTCH AND BENDIX. STILL DON'T KNOW WHERE EXACTLY THE PROOFMETER CABLE GOES INTO BECAUSE THE THREADED NUT THAT HOLDS CABLE ON GENERATOR HAS BEEN OFF. I SPRAYED WD-40 ON CABLE AND IT TOTALLY QUIT WORKING. IT'S HARD TO SEE DOWN THERE AND I NEED TO SCRATCH SOME THE DIRT OUT. SHOULD HAVE CHECKED IT OUT BETTER WHEN I HAD THE HYDRAULIC OIL FILTER OFF AND COULD GET TO IT BETTER THEN.. ANYBODY KNOW WHERE THE END OF CABLE GOES FOR MY FORD 1310 COMPACT TRACTOR.??