T4030

/ T4030 #1  

savagesultin

Tractor
Case Farmall 55
I'm sure this is been posted before but I'm trading in my case dx55 and one of my tractors I'm looking at is the new holland t4030. I want a cab and the NH dealer is great here. Anyone have a 4030 and if so comments, concerns etc. also if you have pics feel free to post as well. Thanks

/ T4030 #2  
While I haven't looked at any of the NH cab tractors and I dont own one (yet) i have been looking pretty seriously at a T4040 or a T4050 (also been looking at the JD5085m) open station so I too would be interested in what folks have to say about them. The T4040 has a lot of things that i want in a tractor, fairly low profile and compact, very easy to access radiator for cleaning, easy to access filters, 2 or 3 super slow gears, radial tires, no exhaust filter, good 3pt lift capacity, decent weight (6600 lbs or so for the T4050 ROPS), very easy to change the length on drawbar and large displacement engine to name a few.

Some of what i dont like is that it seems to be a little cramped on the entry and exit and it seems like there isnt as much legroom as i'd like (pedals seem to be too close). I would rather it had park on the transmission as opposed to a brake because it seems safer to me as i have to stop on some steep inclines sometimes, it seems like the range shifter is too short as I have to bend way down to grab it. I wish it had economy pto like the JD's do, I've never had that on a tractor but seems like a nice feature. Also, i wish they had normal gauges for gas rpms and temp. instead of all the little lights on the dash.