New Holland T1520 starting issue

/ New Holland T1520 starting issue #1  

sisaroo

Tractor
new holland t1520
Tractor won't start. Battery is new. Terminals are clean and tight. Safety controller tests OK. Don't know where the glow plug relay or controller are. When the quick connect off the glow plug bus is disconnected, get glow plug light as normal. When plugged in, the glow plug light doesn't work. Can anyone tell me where to find the controller or what it looks like? And the same for the relay. I have the wiring diagram, but it doesn't locate on the tractor where the relay or controller are or even if they exist. Any ideas?

/ New Holland T1520 starting issue #2  
I'm having a hard time from your post telling whether your tractor engine is not turning over or if it is, and not starting.

If it's turning over and not starting, does it have fuel to the injector pump? Start at the tank to fuel filter connection and make sur eyou have fuel flow. itshould be staedy and full flow. If it dribbles or is intermittent, then check the vent (usually in the cap) and if that's clear then drain the tank and check for a clogged fuel strainer at the tank outlet. if you have good fuel flow from the tank, check the filter head for clogging on the inlet side.R remove the line at the fltier head that goes to the injector pump and see if you have full flow through the filter. If you don't then replace the filter. (How long has it been since you changed the fuel filter?) If you have full outlet flow at the filter,bleed the pump and the injectors and try to start.

What are your ambient tempertures when you try to start. You're in OK so it's probably not teribly cold so it may not be glow plugs but some indirect injection diesels won't start without glow plugs so make sure that part of the starting assist is working. Can't help you there because i'm not familiar with those types of ngines systems.

/ New Holland T1520 starting issue
It doesn't turn over. It just clicks. New Holland suggests it might be a safety switch. It was warm (about 60 degrees). Fuel filter changed last fall.

/ New Holland T1520 starting issue #4  
Is the battery fully charged? Check the battery connections. They need to be "tight and bright". Make sure you have a good chasis ground for the battery also. If you're hearing a click from the starter solenoid, then for some reason you don'thave adequate current to the starter and that's usually due to corroded battery connections or a bad ground. If it 's the safety switches, you wouldn't hear the starter solenoid click.