Bronze Member
    Tractor
    ford new holland

Default tn70da front wheel bearing problems?

greetings to all
    bought a tn70da new in 2005. been putting about 2 sets of bearings in the front wheels every year. wondering if anyone else has this problem on this model or any model. always buy the bearings races seals and grease at the new holland dealer. have a 1950 8n ford a 1978 2600 ford a 1998 3930 ford all bought new. maybe put 2 sets of bearings in each tractor in all the years that i have had them. i pack the bearings every 3 or 4 years. any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks
    kydick a new member for about a month now

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

Default Re: tn70da front wheel bearing problems?

I would think that by now you have the adjustment thing figured out, so I won't even go there. I do have to wonder, though - what are you using this tractor for, and how much front end weight do you carry?

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    ford new holland

hello to harry in ky
    just have a bucket and hay fork for the loader. dont use the bucket very much. move a little dirt and pack a little gravel for my drive couple times of the year. creek just in front of the house. not very far to go with that. dont go very fast with the gravel. roll 400 to 500 bales of hay a year. 5x5 rolls about 1000 pounds. lots of the bales are packed to the hay lot on the back of the tractor. never haul 2 at a time any distance. pull wagon along side of hay when moving it on the wagon. put hay in the feeders in the wintertime. have 4500 hours on it but having this problem since a few months after i got it. always go slow with anything on the front end. just cant figure out what wares the bearings out. they get expensive. thanks.
    kydick

Tractor
    Mahindra

Quote Originally Posted by kydick View Post
    greetings to all
    bought a tn70da new in 2005. been putting about 2 sets of bearings in the front wheels every year. wondering if anyone else has this problem on this model or any model. always buy the bearings races seals and grease at the new holland dealer. have a 1950 8n ford a 1978 2600 ford a 1998 3930 ford all bought new. maybe put 2 sets of bearings in each tractor in all the years that i have had them. i pack the bearings every 3 or 4 years. any ideas greatly appreciated. thanks
    kydick a new member for about a month now

Please replace your inner taper bearing with ball bearing of tractors front wheel
    For more information please see this video:- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47odI3QSkC0

Bronze Member
    Tractor
    ford new holland

is there a english version to this video? thanks