Ford 5000 restore

/ Ford 5000 restore #31  
Reading as you post :)

/ Ford 5000 restore
Thank you it's time consuming haha

/ Ford 5000 restore
Also side note I forgot to mention spin the crank shaft as you install pistons and torque connecting rod caps install one torque it and spin do the for all of them one at a time you will feel some added resistance as you add piston after piston

/ Ford 5000 restore #34  
pistons look good!

/ Ford 5000 restore
Yeah fit good everything checked out so good so far but my balancer is kicking my but the crankshaft is supposed to have a timing notch but mine I can't find the notch the balancer assembly has all it's notches

/ Ford 5000 restore #36  
Hello.

i do like following the restoration. keep up the good work.

Pieter

/ Ford 5000 restore
I will do and thanks ill start post soon as I get some time iv been out of town got back and was missing four bolts for my balancer assembly so they'll be here tuesady

/ Ford 5000 restore
Well it's time for the balancer ignore my bolts missing I actually lost them but this is how it's done this is to balance the crankshaft
null-90.jpg

null-91.jpg

All the parts to your balancer
null-92.jpg

This Is how you time your balancer. You have to time both gears with the little dots one should be on both then there is an arrow that you time your balancer to your crankshaft. If you are missing marks like mine just know 2 and 3 will be top dead center. Also look at the balancer where it mates to the block notice your holes on is a oil block hole.
null-93.jpg

Torque settings
null-94.jpg

Time for your oil pump
null-95.jpg

All your parts plus how you check your oil pump for wear little pic to the right
null-96.jpg

Torque specs there is a paper gasket that goes eternal the block and the pump housing also notice your pump shaft that's driven off the camshaft you do need to put I in when installing pump
null-97.jpg

Psi your pump should put out
null-98.jpg

/ Ford 5000 restore
I forgot do t forget your balancer seal
null-99.jpg

null-100.jpg

Better pic of balancer and timing mark
null-101.jpg

/ Ford 5000 restore
Finished bottom end finally making some progress.
null-106.jpg

Time for an oil pan good job ford this thing is heavy I also did clean the inside very well with mineral spirits a wire brush and water and a wire wheel before to clean the old gasket off
null-105.jpg

She's installed and all the bolts are torqued except front four cause they hook Into the front cover

null-104.jpg

Torque specs of 30-35 ft lbs
null-103.jpg