New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader #1  

rottncop

Tractor
New Holland TC35a
Tractor has been great and have about 1700 hours on her. Fenders are cracked, oh well. My problem, and it's been the problem since new, the front bucket on a 16LA loader, bleeds down. At first was barely noticeable. Now, you can watch it go. If I have a load of dirt or horse crap, look out.....it's like a ghost is at the controls. Scary, very scray. Is the problem coming from the controller??????? Can't afford 125.00 an hour to have the shop look at it.

Thanks,

Fleet

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader #2  
Do you happen to have a service manual set? If you are going to do your own work they are well worth the money. Will have trouble shooting info.

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader #3  
There are a few quick checks to determine which(if either) of the cylinder piston seals may be leaking, the valve or its load checks could be a problem, or whatever. If you do it yourself, it won't cost anything.

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader
I'm not loosing any fluid. How do I determine if it's cylinder piston seals leaking or the valve. It leaks down with just the bucket and with a load its worse. This is not a tragic leak down and manage it well with the control valve. It more bothersum than anything else. When I set it to load wood or put something in the bed of the pickup and it has to set in the same place for a few minutes, down she'll go!!! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also getting the manuals ordered today!!

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader #5  
If you disconnect the QD lines for the loader and it still drops, and it doesn't leak externally, it's in the loader pistons. If when they're connected, could be pistons OR joystick valve leaking. Let us know.
Jim

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader #6  
To add to what Jim said, before you disconnect the QDs, put the raised loader up against something for support. A tree works good. Then, disconnect the QDs and back away from the tree. If it drops, then you have one or more cylinders leaking. It's best to do both cylinders at once so you start out with seals that are new on both. Also, when you go to reconnect, if the loader is in the air, it will be very hard to reconnect because of pressure. Again, support the loader or use something to lift it so pressure in the lines is relieved , making connection easy.

/ New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader
Sorry so long. I did what you said and disconnected the loader hoses and down she went. It was fun getting them hooked back up with the pressure still in the lines!!!! Now I have a oil leak at the right front axle. I checked the oil level and the level was below the stick!!!! Has anybody had this yet? My dealer is about 3 hours away.