Tractor
    New Holland TC35a

Default New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader

Tractor has been great and have about 1700 hours on her. Fenders are cracked, oh well. My problem, and it's been the problem since new, the front bucket on a 16LA loader, bleeds down. At first was barely noticeable. Now, you can watch it go. If I have a load of dirt or horse crap, look out.....it's like a ghost is at the controls. Scary, very scray. Is the problem coming from the controller??????? Can't afford 125.00 an hour to have the shop look at it.

Thanks,

Fleet

Gold Member
    Tractor
    John Deere 1025r TLB

Default Re: New Holland TC35A with 16LA Loader

Do you happen to have a service manual set? If you are going to do your own work they are well worth the money. Will have trouble shooting info.
    '13 JD 1025r TLB
    60D MMM w/ electric over hydraulic independent lift
    Custom Seat Springs (no more bottoming out)
    Single Point Quick Disconnect
    180* Thermostat
    Artillian Forks (42")
    Ken's Bolt On Hooks
    Omni Transformer

Gold Member
    Tractor
    Allis Chalmers ED 40

There are a few quick checks to determine which(if either) of the cylinder piston seals may be leaking, the valve or its load checks could be a problem, or whatever. If you do it yourself, it won't cost anything.

Tractor
    New Holland TC35a

I'm not loosing any fluid. How do I determine if it's cylinder piston seals leaking or the valve. It leaks down with just the bucket and with a load its worse. This is not a tragic leak down and manage it well with the control valve. It more bothersum than anything else. When I set it to load wood or put something in the bed of the pickup and it has to set in the same place for a few minutes, down she'll go!!! Any advise would be greatly appreciated. Also getting the manuals ordered today!!

Tractor
    1993 NH 2120 (the best), 1974 MF 135 (sold, but solid), 1947 Farmall A (bought, sold, bought back, sold again), 1956 MH50 lbt (sold, in 1980, darn it)

If you disconnect the QD lines for the loader and it still drops, and it doesn't leak externally, it's in the loader pistons. If when they're connected, could be pistons OR joystick valve leaking. Let us know.
    Jim
    "Anything worth doing is worth doing slowly" Mae West

Epic Contributor
    R.I.P.
    Tractor
    NHTC45D, NH LB75B, Ford Jubilee

To add to what Jim said, before you disconnect the QDs, put the raised loader up against something for support. A tree works good. Then, disconnect the QDs and back away from the tree. If it drops, then you have one or more cylinders leaking. It's best to do both cylinders at once so you start out with seals that are new on both. Also, when you go to reconnect, if the loader is in the air, it will be very hard to reconnect because of pressure. Again, support the loader or use something to lift it so pressure in the lines is relieved , making connection easy.
    Jim

Tractor
    New Holland TC35a

Sorry so long. I did what you said and disconnected the loader hoses and down she went. It was fun getting them hooked back up with the pressure still in the lines!!!! Now I have a oil leak at the right front axle. I checked the oil level and the level was below the stick!!!! Has anybody had this yet? My dealer is about 3 hours away.