air conditioning problem

/ air conditioning problem #11  
Only other thing i can think of is we had a 1486 ih that would freeze up even with a clean evaporator unless we ran the blower on high all the time.

/ air conditioning problem #12  
If it has a small tube going into the evaporater, your system has a temp control switch and it probably has failed . This turns off your compressor momentarily so the evaporater doesn't freeze up.you can turn it off manually for a minute every couple minutes, and if it continues to blow cold then, you've found your problem.

/ air conditioning problem #13  
I re-read your initial post, you could also have a blower fan motor beginning to fail also, slowing down when it gets hot and not moving air. Hard to tell without being there

/ air conditioning problem
I re-read your initial post, you could also have a blower fan motor beginning to fail also, slowing down when it gets hot and not moving air. Hard to tell without being there

I have reassessed the problem. It does not appear to be a problem with the fan.

/ air conditioning problem #15  
With gauges hooked up on both high (discharge) service and the low (suction port) measure the pressure during failure. Could be as stated thermal or pressure cycling switch failure. Or high pressure shut off due to low air flow through the condencer. If the the radiator is plugged with dust can cause excessive high pressure and shut down the A/C.
Some other thoughts.

Lee

/ air conditioning problem #16  
G'day low pressure should be approx. 10% of high or lower I would aim for a high pressure reading of 175-185psi on a 25c day on the high side this pressure can be used with R134a and Hychill ( Hydrocarbon based gas) I'm sorry but I can't remember if this is the same as R12 but I think it maybe a little high

Jon

Thanks to everyone who responded. The problem was low refrigerant.

/ air conditioning problem #18  
Ever since the start new holland cab tractors have been notorious for bad air cons iv had an L65 and L85 and they were shockers for the air con I know many contractors with these problems with the new ones as well!!

Finally had time to take tractor back to dealer. Problem was thermostat. Repaired under warranty.

/ air conditioning problem #20  
I have a massey 383. Installed new compressor, new condensor at radiator, new high speed fan, blew out lines, new cab filter, cleaned cab condensor coils, washed them and blew them out, new freon, etc. First 2-3 used it froze my rear off. It runs cool for an hour or so then gets tepid inside cab. Add a can of freon and it gets cooler but not much. Checked for leaks. Any ideas???