Ford 5000 emplement?

/ Ford 5000 emplement? #1  

2006gmcdmax

Gold Member
Tractor
Many but mostly ford diesels or ihc or jds
Looking to start doing some farming on 120 acres 90 acres are feilds! What size harrow should I buy also spring loaded or disk which is better? What size bottom plow should I be looking for? What size planter also? The soil is sandy biggest field is 30 acres rest is 10-15. Will be aquirring more if it take off and does good.

/ Ford 5000 emplement?
Bump no one has anything

/ Ford 5000 emplement? #3  
A lot depends on what shape the land is in now. Is it currently being tilled and planted or is it overgrown? If it's in good tillable shape you can start out with a small chisel plow (not a spring tooth harrow) and plant into that. That tractor should handle a 4-row conventional planter for corn and/or beans. What crops are you thinking about, corn/beans, grains or vegetables?

If it were me and I was just starting out I'd just look for a used 10 ft or so disk, a 3-bottom plow, a 2 or 4 row planter and have at it. You will always have use for a disk and if you get the land in shape you can consider trying a chisel plow.

/ Ford 5000 emplement?
It's currently tilled and sanding soil. Actually it has over grown grass I was going to spray it turn it into a no till operation. Instead of having it all hook to a planter I'm going to build a 4 row tool bar with yetter trash whippers and 1" waves coulters. Then ill pull the planter and plant the same rows iv cleaned and coultered. I had my eye set on a John Deere 7000 planter just for the finger meters and also Ill put a Keaton seed firmer on the planter. It will be basically a no till ill just have to make two passes. Corn and soybeans for now is kind of what I was thinking. I wonder if I could do a no till operation with just weighting down a John Deere 7000 planter?