New Holland 6610S key switch

/ New Holland 6610S key switch #1  

tobacco chewer

Tractor
1996 New Holland 6610
I had to replace the key switch on 6610S 2 times. I brought 1 each time at Tractor Supply with sme kind that was on it. The 3rd time I went to a NH dealer & got one. A friend of mine is a shade tree mechanic. Each time he said it was the key switch that it was not water proof. My problem is on the old switch it got a brown wire going to bat.. It got a light yellow wire going to acc.. It got a brown with red stripe wire goin to st.. It got a big red wire & a light yellow with green stripe wire going to ign.. On the switch I got from dealer it a 5 prong switch. It do not have acc.,st.acc., & ign. on it. It got 1 on 1 connection 2 on another & etc. to 5. I need to know wher each wire goes to on the new switch. The people at the dealer said they couldn't help me. Thanks for ant help all can give

/ New Holland 6610S key switch #2  
If the switch is not marked, before I install it, I test it. Often the battery terminal will have two spades, the accessory or ignition may have two as well, but not always. The start and thermostart terminals will have one. You can test it with an ohmeter or with a battery, testlight and jumper wires. With the switch off, there should be no circuit between any of the terminals. In acc(position 1) battery is connected to acc. Position 2, battery is connected to acc and ignition terminals. Position 3(first spring loaded position) acc is off, ign is on, thermostart is on. Position 4, acc is off, ign, heat, and start are on. On most of the older tractors the battery wire is a large brown wire, the start wire is white with a red stripe, the thermostart is brown with a red stripe. The others can be anything. If thre is a standard for them, I'm not aware of it.

/ New Holland 6610S key switch
Thank for the reply. On the new switch termial #1 got 2 spades, a wide one & a narrow one. Termial #4 got 2 spades. Both of them are narrow. On the old switch it got a brown with red stripe wire going to St. termial. It got a light yellow wire goin to Acc. termial. It got a brown wire goint to Bat. termial. It got a light yellow wire with green stripe & a big red wire going to Ign. termial. The red wire going to Ign. is bigger than the brown wire goin to Bat. On the old switch it got 2 wires (big red wire & lighted yellow with green stripe) going to Ign. termial. On the new switch do they go on the same termial or difference one? Any help will be appreciated. I got to get it running so I can do some brushhogging. Thank you.

/ New Holland 6610S key switch #4  
The big red wire probably goes to the fuse block and the alternator. The light yellow wire is most likely to the gauges. If the injection pump has a manual shutoff cable, it really doesn't matter whether they are on the ign or acc terminal. If the pump has an electric solenoid shutoff, that wire must go to ign so it's live while cranking.