FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #1  

hotrod396

Tractor
Ford 340A
I've never had and issue with this before but it's been sitting a lot and the clutch will not release..I had to start it in gear and drive it for about 20mins for it to release...Any idea what i may need to do??

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #2  
The solution is, when you won't be using the machine for a while, fabricate a push stick of some sort to keep the clutch pedal depressed.

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #4  
Honestly I hadn't either until I came to TBN.

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH
I think it has something to do with the weather here in Tenn..never did that when i was in Oklahoma...
Now to figure out how i get it to release again..i drove it up and down the road for 30 to 35 mins and it still won't release...grrr

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #6  
hotrod396 said:
I think it has something to do with the weather here in Tenn..never did that when i was in Oklahoma...
Now to figure out how i get it to release again..i drove it up and down the road for 30 to 35 mins and it still won't release...grrr

You kept the pedal depressed the whole time driving, right? Did you try driving up a steep hill? Can you put something on the 3point like a plow or disk and sink it in after you get moving with pedal depressed?

You kept the pedal depressed the whole time driving, right? Did you try driving up a steep hill? Can you put something on the 3point like a plow or disk and sink it in after you get moving with pedal depressed?

Well yes to all downslope exspect keep the clutch depress the whole time i am driving it..last time this happen i started bush hogging and about an hour or so from going up and down the hill and me pushing on as i went it broke lose....

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #8  
I used to have a Ford 8N that would occasionally have the clutch plates stick together when sitting for long periods of time and once started and rolling along all one had to do was jam on the brakes with the clutch pedal pushed in at the same time and the load would break the clutch plates back apart. Curiously.....I have a very old Satoh Bull and a Satoh Beaver and they both have a factory installed, hinged peg to hold the clutch pedal down when the tractors are not in use. I assume some types of clutch plate materials have a tendency to stick together over periods of time and the mfgs. just accounted for this with the manual pegs.

I used to have a Ford 8N that would occasionally have the clutch plates stick together when sitting for long periods of time and once started and rolling along all one had to do was jam on the brakes with the clutch pedal pushed in at the same time and the load would break the clutch plates back apart. Curiously.....I have a very old Satoh Bull and a Satoh Beaver and they both have a factory installed, hinged peg to hold the clutch pedal down when the tractors are not in use. I assume some types of clutch plate materials have a tendency to stick together over periods of time and the mfgs. just accounted for this with the manual pegs.

I have don't many time's but it didn't help this last time! i have a push stick holding it down now, i't's been a few weeks now since i placed it there and haven't made it back over to where i keep it stored to check i out!
Thanks for the tips....

/ FORD 340A STICKING CLUTCH #10  
I sometimes think if the clutch is getting very worn and needing replaced then this sticking is more likely to happen. Maybe some metal to metal?