Ford 1700 Tractor

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #1  

tjf78

Tractor
Kioti / Daedong
Hi Everyone

I am after a bit of advice

I am looking at buying a Ford 1700 tractor, it however has a sticking clutch.

Am I crazy for even considering it or is the fix not to hard or expensive?

Thanks
TOm

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #2  
Although I have not changed clutch on 1700 but i have done it on several front wheel dive vehicle. If you do not have a loader then I consider it easier than doing it on a car. The whole clutch assembly can easily be had fro Fleabay for under $200. If otherwise the rig is in good shape then it is Perfectly logical to do the work. Give some info on price, # of hrs and other pertinent. may be You can get a good price because of sticky clutch, spend under $300 and end up coming pretty good at the end. Anty pics of the rig ?

JC,

/ Ford 1700 Tractor
Although I have not changed clutch on 1700 but i have done it on several front wheel dive vehicle. If you do not have a loader then I consider it easier than doing it on a car. The whole clutch assembly can easily be had fro Fleabay for under $200. If otherwise the rig is in good shape then it is Perfectly logical to do the work. Give some info on price, # of hrs and other pertinent. may be You can get a good price because of sticky clutch, spend under $300 and end up coming pretty good at the end. Anty pics of the rig ?

JC,
$_3.JPG

There you go I might look into it further. It looks to be in good condition.

Cheers
Tom

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #4  
View attachment 348992

There you go I might look into it further. It looks to be in good condition.

Cheers
Tom

Not bad Tom, loader and ROPS , two rare commodities for old 1700. It kooks good , how much are they asking? does the lift and loader work?

JC,

/ Ford 1700 Tractor
Not bad Tom, loader and ROPS , two rare commodities for old 1700. It kooks good , how much are they asking? does the lift and loader work?

JC,

Apparently everything works other than the clutch sticking and the lights (apparently the wiring )
He is asking $5200 which looking at prices of comparable kubota's here in Aus seems good as long as the repairs are not too expensive.
Cheers
Tom

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #6  
Tom,

$5200 is steep but loader brings up the price. Let him know that a dealer work on the clutch will be about 1200-1500 and at least you want that subtracted from price. $3500 to $4000 seems to be a fair price. You can get the clutch done if you are mechanically inclined without much difficulty under $250 and of course some sweat equity.

JC,

How many hrs does it have?

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #7  
My "2 cents worth" is that the 1983 Ford 1700 I have is a phenomenal tractor. So reliable, strong, sturdy. If you can get it at a good price - you won't be disappointed.

Good luck,

Jay

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #8  
I purchased a 1700 in 2006 and the clutch was stuck from lack of use. I backed it up to a large tree and started it and the clutch popped loose and has worked since. I love this 1700, I have the front loader and a 5 foot rear blade and a few other implements. Mine is a 4 X 4 and is just a great little tractor. It has hauled dirt from a pond we had dug by a caterpiller, to neighbors trucks until the dirt was gone. It is a 1/4 acre pond 17 feet deep so was a lot of dirt. I have used the blade to clear snow from driveway for past 7 years. The only maintenance has been a new fuel filter every 6 months and a change of the hydraulic fluids annually. I only have 1900 hours on mine. Goes anywhere and hauls most anything.

/ Ford 1700 Tractor #9  
By the way, if clutch can be un-stuck, I would not sell mine for $5200, but again mine is a 4 X 4.