T5070 - No head/work lights

/ T5070 - No head/work lights #1  

ljohnson778

Platinum Member
Tractor
New Holland T5070
I have a T5070 and am looking for some thoughts... Neither the headlights nor the front or rear cab work lights are working. Brake/turn signals work fine, flashers work fine. Nothing else electrical is malfunctioning either. Any thoughts?

Hoping RickB sees this, as he has a 100% problem solve rate on this machine so far!

Thanks folks!

/ T5070 - No head/work lights #2  
On most tractors, the headlights use a relay that may be malfunctioning. There also should be a fuse. These will run independently of other lighting loads.

/ T5070 - No head/work lights
On most tractors, the headlights use a relay that may be malfunctioning. There also should be a fuse. These will run independently of other lighting loads.

Thanks for the post. I did check the fuses, they looked ok. Not sure how to check the relays, short of replacing them. Weird thing is, the headlights and work lights are separate fuses/relays, but I lost them both.

/ T5070 - No head/work lights #4  
Thanks for the post. I did check the fuses, they looked ok. Not sure how to check the relays, short of replacing them. Weird thing is, the headlights and work lights are separate fuses/relays, but I lost them both.
hmmm, that doesnt make much sense. Ill bet you that there is one source of power to the switches. then as the switch is powered on, it sends the power to close the relay. the chances that 2 relays are shot is pretty slim.

If you have a 12v tester, check both switches and see if there is any incoming 12v power to either switch. The power to the switches does not have to be the same power thats going to the relays and lights .

also dont just trust looking at fuses. run a test with ohm meter or 12v tester. ive been fooled many times.

/ T5070 - No head/work lights #5  
Had a td5050 last week with same problem, cab fuse was good, but had no power to hot side of fuse, found blown fuse in main fuse panel.

Had a td5050 last week with same problem, cab fuse was good, but had no power to hot side of fuse, found blown fuse in main fuse panel.

So there was a fuse panel in addition to the panel in the cab? I looked, but didn't see an obvious one under the hood, but could be I missed it...

/ T5070 - No head/work lights #7  
I have a 2009 td5030 which under the hood back towards the firewall. The td5050 I worked on is a 2012 and they moved the fuse panel to inside the cab, on the brake side, on the side of the dash panel. Do you have power at the fuse?

Ok, problem solved. (Thanks to excellent dealer tech)

I had a fuse blow a while back(10a) and switched it out with the 'Horn' fuse... Who knew that the horn fuse also controlled power to the light circuit through headlight switch... Hats off to tech, duh moment for me...