Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump #1  

seanndiane

Tractor
New Holland 4630
I have poor performance from my loader (doesn't seem to lift much weight and constantly kicks remote valve out of detent). From what I've read (and the best I can tell) I don't have an aux pump and deluxe remotes. From other threads, I believe the engine mounted pump should be right over my left foot (clutch pedal) but I don't even see a place where it would be mounted.

1. Am I looking in the right spot?
2. Is it a Factory option that can't be added later (hence no mounting holes)?
3. Is it something that I could add myself or dealer installed? (I used to an airplane mechanic)

Thanks

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump #2  
My loader pump is powered by the fan belt and pumps about 3 GPM, at 3000 psi.

It is doing the job it is supposed to do.

More GPM equate to faster operation.

You have 8.5 GPM at 2500 psi.

Have you check the loader pressure setting?

Is it possible that you can use a front mounted pump? Can you use a stub shaft on the front?

How about a PTO pump?

Ford-New Holland model 4630

Hydraulics:
Type: open center
closed center (optional)
Pressure: 2500 psi [172.4 bar]
Valves: 1 to 2 (open center)
1 to 4 (closed center)
Pump flow: 8.5 gpm [32.2 lpm]
14.1 gpm [53.4 lpm] (optional)
Steering flow: 3.6 gpm [13.6 lpm]

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump
I haven't checked the pressure settings. i have very little info on the loader or tractor to even know how to check it. I have ordered a service manual for the tractor. Maybe that will help some. mainly wanted to find out if my tractor is working "correctly" for the configuration I have now, to decide if i need to upgrade or just fix something. i probably can add a pump, but want to make sure I don't already have one (and it isn't working correctly) before i go further.

The remote lever "kicks out" of the detent VERY OFTEN...like every time a cylinder bottoms out. The loader capacity seems to be low. I believe a valve setting is wrong or something.

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump #4  
What model is the tractor? The auxiliary pump mounts to the engine, left rear where there should be a 4 bolt plate. The pump, if not front mounted, is on the right rear axle housing.
Is the loader plumbed to rear remotes? The remote you are talking about, if the handles are coming from a block on top of the rear end housing- standard remotes. If the handles are coming from the side or back, then deluxe remotes.
The remote kicking out of detent when the cylinder bottoms is normal. If it kicks out at other times, then needs adjusting.

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump #6  
Install a 3000 psi hyd gage in a tee in the IN port of the loader valve and fully retract the cyl. If you can get about 2500 psi, then the pump is good.

If you have a loader valve and it is kicking out, then remove the cans on the bottom and inspect , clean or replace parts. It should lock and hold until you pull it to neutral.

/ Adding an Engine mounted "Aux" Hydraulic Pump
I have a 4630 running on standard rear remotes. I'm taking it to the dealer Monday for a power beyond valve(so I don't have to choose loader or 3 point). I will have them check pressures and operation. The remote may be set to protect the front tires ( the loader max is 2800 lbs, but the tires shows 800 lbs max load)