Ford 3000 question

/ Ford 3000 question #1  

paulharvey

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L285
I drove by a Ford 3000 2wd, power steering, and some mismatched yellow loader on it. Stopped and got the phone number off it. I noticed the loader was powered by a front auxiliary pump. Is that normal on these? I know the early 600 ect used the auxiliary pump. What is an ugly Ford 3000 diesel with an uglier loader worth.

If I call the guy; and If he's not asking too much; If he's willing to do some trading, is there anything specific to these models to look for.

Is Select-O-speed an asset or liability. Does it just allow shifts on the move or is it more like a shuttle shift?

/ Ford 3000 question
Side View and a shot of the auxiliary pump.

ForumRunner_20140201_200302.png

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20140201_200320.png
    ForumRunner_20140201_200320.png
    537.6 KB · Views: 152
   / Ford 3000 question #3  
Never seen a lift like that, but they are powered by a front pump.

Also, never had a Select-O-Speed, but have seen posts here claiming they are problematic..

/ Ford 3000 question #4  
We had the select-o-speed on our 5000. It worked great for years loved how it worked. But it lost all the even numbered gears and we could find no one who would work on it around here. Three different dealers said they wouldn't touch it. Real touchy to adjust/setup we were told, the possibility of not setting it up correctly causing damage to the new parts. We ended up converting it with a complete used 4x2 trans conversion we got from McFaddens in upstate NY. The complete used trans conversion was cheaper than just the parts for the Select-O-Speed we were told we probably needed. That used trans has served us well, probably over 15 years now.