3400 Ford steering

/ 3400 Ford steering #1  

tnhillbilly123

Tractor
3400 Ford Industrial
I just installed a new power steering column on my Ford adjusted drag links and going forward everything is fine but put it in reverse and the left wheel turn to the right, especially if you back for more than a few feet. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

/ 3400 Ford steering #2  
I just installed a new power steering column on my Ford adjusted drag links and going forward everything is fine but put it in reverse and the left wheel turn to the right, especially if you back for more than a few feet. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Have you cycled the steering lock to lock a dozen times or more to purge the air from the open lines.

Be sure to start there, it can take a while.

cheers

/ 3400 Ford steering #5  
just turn the wheels all the way left, then all the way right "lock to lock" a bunch of times. No need to open any lines.

If you don't cycle the hydraulics fully. air can stay trapped for a good while. Fluid flow will eventually get out all the air, but the general procedure is to cycle the system to expell any trapped air.

The air then gets moved along through and eventually gets to tank.

Heck, It could be that air in the lines is not the problem, but that's where I would start.