Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #1  

strum456

Platinum Member
Tractor
Fords
I just spent an hour searching the net looking for the inner PTO shaft busing for this tractor. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

This is the inner bushing that that is pressed into the rear axle housing by the double lip seal separating the hydraulic compartment from the rear end. All I can find is the sleeve that presses onto the shaft itself where the outer seal rides.

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #2  
I would go with #3, NAA798A in the illustration, found in the NH online parts book for 860, 1 1/8" PTO section.

ForumRunner_20140501_072010.png

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #3  
   / Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing
Thanks guys. It was #NAA798A. I was able to get it aftermarket from Yesterdays Tractors. I spent the day today pulling and pressing bearings and races for the transmission on my 860. This thrust bushing is on the list for tomorrow.

Last year the tractor jumped out of gear going down hill with a baler and a loaded wagon with my wife and brother in law on the wagon. That is when I decided it was time to rebuild the transmission. With luck, I'll have it ready to go before first cutting this year.

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #5  
so you WERE looking for the wear bushing?

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #6  
Thrust bushing, board won't let me edit....

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing
Yes, it was the thrust bushing. Thank you, and sorry if I gave a bad description.

One thing I noticed about the replacement bushing is that it doesn't have oil retention holes or even a spiral. The OEM bushing is definitely better made, but it costs more than 2x.

/ Ford 860 PTO Shaft Bushing #8  
as with many things in life. stuff that was made original in our industrial glory days is likely better than today.. and you get what you pay for. :)

Still. as much life as the 1st one gave you.. the 2nd one will likley make it a good ways too.