How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab?

/ How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab? #1  

jgnobles

Tractor
deere 4450
Hi everyone, I have a ford 7710 with cab and I am trying to put a new stereo in it. I have the front plate, and bracket off, the problem is it is hed from behind somehow, and I cannot get my hand back there. I took the interior light down but that was no help. Has anyone took one out before, or know how it comes out?
Any help will be greatly appreciated!!

/ How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab? #2  
Leave it parked on the street in my neighborhood, the radio will be gone by morning ;)
Sorry, i got nothing

/ How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab? #3  
Welcome to TBN...

Does your cab look like mine? (See pics)
NH tractors are built by LS which I have. If the cab is similar there are 2 nuts in front behind the front cab lights and 2 nuts, one above each door. By removing these 4 nuts and washers the top will lift or tilt up. Its hinged in the back.

Attachments

• DSCN1102 (Small).JPG
    DSCN1102 (Small).JPG
    118.7 KB · Views: 795
  • DSCN1079 (Medium).JPG
    DSCN1079 (Medium).JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 494
   / How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab?
@ square1 LOL!!!! They would probably bring it back, its the old turn knob style. @George2615 Thanks for the welcome!!!! No its a older syle probably a 1992-1995 model just guessing. Thanks for the replys guys!!!

/ How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab? #5  
JG, you have to pop the top of the cab. 2 bolts in the middle edge of the top, hinged on back with a prop rod to hold up. The radio has a bolt on the back that keeps it secured. Also have a lot of room to access radio once top open.

Thanks, TractorTech. I figured the top must come up somehow because it looks like they put the radio in and then built the tractor!!!! I will give it a try

/ How do I remove the radio from my ford 7710 with cab? #7  
JG, you have to pop the top of the cab. 2 bolts in the middle edge of the top, hinged on back with a prop rod to hold up. The radio has a bolt on the back that keeps it secured. Also have a lot of room to access radio once top open.

On an early style cab, upper rear work lamps must come off (and can hang by the wires) if present.

Popping the top up worked like a charm. Was able to get to the radio with no problem (and clean up some dust too LOL!!) Thanks for the replys Guys!!!!