Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #1  

nellcote farm

Tractor
ford 335, ford 3000
Happy summer everyone. I'm wanting to add a front mounted hydro pump to run the aftermkt loader i have on my Ford 5000. Does anyone have a picture of a similar setup on their 5000, or 4000/4600 with the big front bolster? The loader i have, Dunham/Lehr / farmhand 22 bolts onto the front bolster and I believe blocks the "thru" hole. I've seen a set up mounted in the belly of the bolster, but would like some more pics. I realize this set up will also require a reservoir, but I'll donk something up off the back. Sorry, I'm a visual kind of guy, i need to see what other's have done to complete my understanding of how to get it done. I have included 1 (borrowed) pic. P1020074Medium.jpg

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #2  
Is the picture what you have now? Here is the diagram of the setup on my 4610 mounted on the front with the shaft through the hole in the bolster. I can get a photo of the actual and aftermarket parts to do this if you would like,

ForumRunner_20140725_223027.png

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #3  
Tractor Tech,

Can you tell me where to find the aftermarket parts for this setup for a Ford 5000?? Thanks for any help!

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #4  
Sixbales, I don't know of a source for the bracket. It would need to be fabricated. If you want, I can get the dimensions for you or fabricate.
The pump and driveline parts can be sourced through Tisco or A&I Products, even Tractor Supply stores, I believe. I can put together a list of what you need if you like.

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #5  
Happy summer everyone. I'm wanting to add a front mounted hydro pump to run the aftermkt loader i have on my Ford 5000. Does anyone have a picture of a similar setup on their 5000, or 4000/4600 with the big front bolster? The loader i have, Dunham/Lehr / farmhand 22 bolts onto the front bolster and I believe blocks the "thru" hole. I've seen a set up mounted in the belly of the bolster, but would like some more pics. I realize this set up will also require a reservoir, but I'll donk something up off the back. Sorry, I'm a visual kind of guy, i need to see what other's have done to complete my understanding of how to get it done. I have included 1 (borrowed) pic. View attachment 383683

It might be easier to rig a pto driven pump and a reservoir that sits on the three point mount particularly if your doing a lot of loader work.

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #6  
Keep in mind you will have to remove this each time you change fan belt

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #7  
Tractor Tech, can you send me the list of the aftermarket parts to mount a cranc driven hydraulic pump on a Ford? Do you use a separate oil tank (homemade or bought?) or the internal oil system?

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #8  
One thing I wants to know how you solve fan belt issue ??

Last edited:
   / Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #9  
Tractor Tech, can you send me the list of the aftermarket parts to mount a cranc driven hydraulic pump on a Ford? Do you use a separate oil tank (homemade or bought?) or the internal oil system?
LarsEswe, I'll work on this and get back to you. I just found this message.
My 4610 uses the RH loader upright for a tank, but an external tank would be needed if you can't utilize similar.

/ Ford 5000 crank driven Hydraulic pump #10  
Sounds great!