Replacement tail light & adding rear work lights on my 1720

/ Replacement tail light & adding rear work lights on my 1720 #1  

BarnieTrk

Silver Member
Tractor
1989 Ford 1720 (4x4) diesel-powered
Hi Fellas,

I am needing to replace the amber light fixtures for my new-to-me '89 FORD 1720 4x4. One fixture was missing when I bought the tractor and the remaining one has it's wiring torn away and looks to be in rough shape. As a result, I am considering to locate/purchase a matching new pair. I have resisted to pull the trigger on a OEM replacement set, as my local NH dealer wants an arm & a leg for them. I have located a set of similar aftermarket fixtures that I am considering:

2 Ford New Holland Amber Safety Warning Lamp Light Pair 12 Volt | eBay

My tractor is also missing its rear tail light fixture as well. However, I'm thinking I might relocate that light fixture to the bottomside of the center of the top rail of its ROPS. It may be better protected there and more apt to be noticed.

In fact, I am also considering mounting two - white, 4" round work lights on the bottomside of the top rail as well. I'm thinking of mounting them on either side of the center-mounted tail light. They would both shine to the rear & down, to give good light to any implement/trailer I might have hitched to the rear of the tractor. I was thinking I could drill a small hole in the rail 7 run the wire inside & down the ROPS side rail to a power source & switch at the fender.
Anyone else here add rear work lights to their tractor - if so, where did you mount them? :confused:
BarnieTrk :cool2: