Replacing 2-Stage Clutch In 2110 8- Speed

/ Replacing 2-Stage Clutch In 2110 8- Speed #1  

KCTractors

Bronze Member
Tractor
LS MT342, Case 530 CK, , Ford 2000, , Ford 8N
I need to replace the 2-stage clutch on a 2110 . The reason is that the PTO will not stop with the clutch pushed all the way down. I would change the whole clutch-pac. My question is, can I install the clutch-pac and then just adjust the drive clutch or do I have to do something with the PTO clutch?

/ Replacing 2-Stage Clutch In 2110 8- Speed #2  
Did you look at the adjusting bolts on the left side under the rubber plug, you may be able to adjust the 2 stage clutch I have a book on the 2110 4 cylinder but it dont show how much clearance but would expect it to be somewhere under .0050 and above .0020.

Walt

/ Replacing 2-Stage Clutch In 2110 8- Speed #3  
I think the only 2110 with an 8 speed was a 3 cylinder model like a 3000.
That said, I have replaced a few of those and the pto clutch was already adjusted properly. So as you said just replace the whole double clutch assembly and then adjust the drive clutch.
Personally I would not do a clutch job on one of those unless I also replaced both input shaft seals into the transmission. And if your block is the newer style with the press in freeze plugs I would replace the two of them in the back of the head and one behind the flywheel. Have seen a couple of those rust out and it's always just after you had it split and back together.